Last Updated on February 7, 2023
Being humble and thankful is the art of living; how about a day dedicated especially to giving thanks? Giving Tuesday Day is a national day dedicated to giving back and thanking your loved ones and family. The National day of giving is celebrated on the Tuesday immediately after thanksgiving day.
During Giving Tuesday Day, everyone enthusiastically shows their gratitude in the form of charity and get together. It is the day when businesses, community centers, and students across the globe come together to celebrate the act of generosity and the art of giving.
History of Giving Tuesday Day
Giving Tuesday Day is celebrated across the globe as a day to help your community and folks. Here are some historical facts about Giving Tuesday Day.
Historical Facts About Giving Tuesday Day
- The Giving Tuesday Day was created by 92nd Street Y in New York City; the day focuses on a lot of charity due to the Tuesday after Thanksgiving day.
- The day of Giving Tuesday is also commercialized after Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Giving Tuesday Day is popular among social media sites, and the word is spread via hashtag, i.e., #GivingTuesday.
- Giving Tuesday showcases the power of giving back to the world and celebrate the act of gratitude.
- The day was launched first in the USA in the year 2012. As soon as Giving Tuesday Day was coined, technology and social media made the act viral in no time.
- The first year of Giving Tuesday Day estimated about $10 million of donations across the globe. The next year the funds increased up to $28 million. In the year 2017, the Giving Tuesday Day estimated a huge donation of almost $250 million.
What To Do On Giving Tuesday Day?
Celebrating Giving Tuesday Day is super simple; make this day special for your loved one, family, friends, colleagues, business partners, and community folks by indulging in charitable giving. Organize a get-together with your close family members and give them back and make them feel special. Use the power of social media and spread the word across the globe with #GivingTuedsay.
Reasons Why We Must Celebrate Giving Tuesday Day?
- Celebrate the day of Giving Tuesday by taking part in various shopping events that include Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Organize a charitable event or take part in similar every, make everyone happy.
- You can plan a surprise Potluck or a get-together and surprise everyone with a thank you speech.
- Add a thank you note and send a cute gift to your loved one. Additionally, you can also post a thank you message with #GivingTuesday on social media channels and tag your friends.
- One of the best ways to celebrate Giving Tuesday Day is to get in touch with your community, take leadership, and be creative.
Giving Tuesday Day is celebrated across the globe with great enthusiasm. Social media channels, especially Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, are great ways to drive huge donations for this wonderful initiative.
Other Days Celebrated in December
- National Cookie Day
- National Brownie Day
- International Mountain Day
- National Cup Cake Day
- National Ugly Sweater Day
Giving Tuesday Day By Year