Every year on January 12, Kiss a ginger day is celebrated. Red hair always was a dream for hair lovers! But now the style is fading off. A survey says that only 2% of the population have colored their hair red.
History of Kiss A Ginger Day
- Kiss Derek Forgie founded a ginger day in 2009.
- After this day was established, many people colored their hair in red color. Even school going children colored their hair red! Gingers were found everywhere.
- This day was created to support redheads all over the world, as many were teased for their hair color. So, on this day, we all bring kisses and love to them.
- The first redhead was found in the literature by the Greek poet Xenophanes. In one of his works, he depicted that people then created God in their own image, so the Thracian Gods had blue eyes and red hair.
- Nearly only 140 million people are redheads! Scotland has the highest percentage of redheads (naturally) with 13%. Then comes Ireland with 10%.
- There are many actors who are redheads like-Karen Gillan, Paul Bettany, Ed Sheeren, Isla Fisher, Amy Adams, and many more. Redheads are so attractive!
- The rarest hair colors of all times are red!
How to Celebrate Kiss A Ginger Day?
- On this day, go to a salon and give your hair a new style, get them gingered! They range on over a number of hair products to keep your hair to the healthiest!
- Get your hair colored red and post up with #kissagingerday!
- Kiss a ginger day is mostly celebrated in western parts of the countries like the US, Canada.
- On this day, salons give many discounts, and the hair coloring tools are sold on clearance, so get one and get your hair colored.
- We all love Anna from Frozen, Merida from Brave, Jessie from toy story, Ariel; we all admire their gingered hair!
- If your lucky to have someone redhead in your life, then it’s time to give them a kiss! Give them gifts and show a lot of love to them, make them feel how special they are to you!
- Throw a surprise party for the ginger head in your family, make them feel special.
- There are many actors who are gingers, get your couch and your loved ones, and watch a movie or listen to songs by the gingers!
- Gingers look very attractive!
Why is it important to celebrate Kiss A Ginger Day?
- The best part about redhead does not grey. Redhead never grey because their pigments stay longer than any color; even when the color fades, it changes to silvery-white but not grey!
- Red is the rarest hair color and is the color that makes a person too attractive and unique!
- A day where we can specialize our hair and beautify it. The truth is that even if our clothes don’t fit, it’s always great to know our hair makes us look special!