Each baby in this world is special, but the adopted babies are extremely special because they do not come out of the womb; they make a special place in their parents’ hearts. This is the reason adopted babies are called heart babies. Each year on Saturday before Thanksgiving in November is celebrated as National Adoption Day. Each year lakhs and lakhs of adoptions are finalized, National Adoption Day is observed to honor the foster children and welcome them into the world.
History of National Adoption Day
The National Adoption Day is very important, which was created to focus and appreciate people’s efforts to make the life of foster kids better. The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, Alliance for Children’s Rights, and Children’s Action Networks were founded on National Adoption Day.
- In the year 2000, the Freddie Mac Foundation encouraged 7 city counties to celebrate foster care kids’ adoption.
- More than 75000 children from foster care have got new homes and parents.
- It is said that 2 million babies in America are adopted, and each year more than 50,000 adoption happens.
- In the year 2014, more than 400 cities came together to participate in the event to respect the family who adopted children.
- When it comes to adoption, on average, a child waits for 3 years to get adopted.
- In the year 1970s, a new measure was given importance where adoptees can search for their birth parents.
How to Observe National Adoption Day?
Here are some of the best ways to observe National Adoption Day. It is a wonderful day to appreciate the people who have created a special place in their hearts and family for a child.
- Spread the word
Social media is an excellent platform where you can take about adoption and promote the same. Make use of the trendy hashtags and also use #nationaladoptionday to spread the word about heart babies.
Help the organization which supports adoption. Volunteer and help them in their work. You can also donate some time to raise funds and to create awareness.
- Be the change
If you are planning to grow your family, you can also consider adoption. Adoption is not for everyone, but still, you can create a positive outlook about adoption.
- Visit foster care
This is another best way to celebrate National Adoption Day. Visit the foster care, talk to the child, spend some time helping them.
Why Celebrating National Adoption Day is important?
Adoption is a Nobel act; it is the best way to spread love and take care of the less privileged child. The National Adoption Day is a reminder that will encourage many people to talk about adoption and consider it as a normal procedure. Adoption is no more a taboo; anyone who wants to expand their family can adopt and uplift a child’s rights. By celebrating National Adoption Day, we all can encourage others to take care of a foster child.
When is National Adoption Day?