Last Updated on May 27, 2023
National Apple Turnover Day is celebrated on July 5th each year. This national day in July is dedicated to a delicious baked treat – the apple turnover. Apple turnovers are a delicious pastry originating in Europe, but it has also become popular worldwide. These yummies are made by folding a square of pastry dough around a sweet apple filling and baking it until golden brown.
History behind National Apple Turnover Day
This fabulous day is focused on celebrating the delicious apple turnover. There is some disagreement about the day’s origin, but most believe it began in the United States. The day was likely created by pastry chefs or apple farmers who wanted to promote the treat. The day is also considered a nod to the turnover’s European roots.
Related: National Croissant Day
Why Celebrate National Apple Turnover Day?
National Apple Turnover Day is dedicated to celebrating the delicious pastry and enjoying its sweet, flaky goodness. Apple turnovers can be enjoyed anytime – for breakfast, midday snacks, or dessert. These crunchies are versatile, so you can customize them to your taste by adding different spices or ingredients to the filling.
How to Celebrate National Apple Turnover Day?
There are many ways to celebrate National Apple Turnover Day. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Bake your own apple turnovers – Making apple turnovers at home is a fun way to add unique flavor to a classic pastry. You can experiment with different spices, fillings, and pastry dough to create a unique version. Make the most of this day and experience with your favorite ingredients.
- Visit a bakery – Visit a bakery and try some of their apple turnovers. You might find one that you like better than your other favorite bakery.
- Share with friends and family – Make apple turnovers and share them with your loved ones. You can invite friends and family to an apple turnover party and celebrate this day. This is a fabulous way to enjoy the delicious treat together!
Related: National Empanada Day
Fun Facts about National Apple Turnover Day
Here are some fun facts about apple turnovers:
- Apple turnovers are also known as apple pastries or apple pies.
- The word “turnover” comes from folding the pastry dough over the filling.
- Apple turnovers are believed to have originated in Europe during the Middle Ages.
- In the United States, apple turnovers are often served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Apple turnovers are often made with Granny Smith apples because they hold their shape well during baking.
In conclusion, it is worth celebrating one of the world’s most delicious pastries – turnovers. Whether you make them yourself or visit a local bakery, take time and enjoy these sweet treats and share them with friends and family. Make this day a memorable affair with like minded people.