Last Updated on May 27, 2023
National Barbecued Spareribs Day is a special day celebrated every year on July 4th in the United States. This day is special because this day honors the rich cultural heritage of the United States and the love of barbecued spareribs deeply embedded in American cuisine. On National Barbecued Spareribs Day, let’s learn more about this day’s history, why it is celebrated, and some fun facts about it.
History of National Barbecued Spareribs Day
On this July national day, people enjoy a delicious barbecued sparerib meal. It is believed to have started as an informal celebration among friends and family, but it eventually became a recognized day in the United States. July 4th is the designated day for the celebration when you can spend quality time over barbecued spareribs.
Why Celebrate National Barbecued Spareribs Day?
This day celebrates American cuisine, specifically barbecued spareribs. It’s a wonderful day to meet up with friends and family and have a good meal. On this day, you can also celebrate our country’s independence with barbecued spare ribs.
How to Celebrate National Barbecued Spareribs Day?
There are many ways to celebrate National Barbecued Spareribs Day, but the most popular way is to host a barbecue party. This can be done in your backyard, at a local park, or on the beach. Here are some tips for hosting a successful barbecue party:
- Plan a barbecue theme menu: Ensure you have everything you need to cook the meal, such as a grill, charcoal, and cooking utensils. It is best to plan the menu and buy the ingredients beforehand.
- Invite like-minded people: You can also have a party to invite like-minded friends to have food, drinks, and barbecued spareribs.
- Prepare unique spare ribs: There are many ways to prepare this yummy dish, but the most popular way is to marinate them in a barbecue sauce and grill them over a charcoal fire. Make sure you have enough spareribs to serve all your guests.
- Serve buffet: You can also set up a buffet-style table where guests can help themselves with desired food. Make sure also to provide napkins, plates, and utensils.
- Enjoy the party: Plan and have a fun party and enjoy the company of your friends with some delicious barbecued ribs.
Fun Facts about National Barbecued Spareribs Day
Here are some fun facts about National Barbecued Spareribs Day that you might not know:
- The first recorded use of the word “barbecue” was in 1697, and it refers to a method of slow-cooking meat over a fire.
- Spareribs are the most popular cut of pork used for barbecue in the United States.
- Texas has a rich barbecue tradition, with many regional dish variations.
- Barbecued spare ribs are often served with coleslaw, cornbread, and baked beans.
- The world record for the largest serving of barbecued spareribs was set in 2011 in Ontario, Canada. The serving weighed 3,177 pounds and fed over 7,000 people.
National Barbecued Spareribs Day is a special celebration of the United States’ rich cultural heritage. You can enjoy some delicious spare ribs with your friends and family on this special day. Plan a fun barbecue in your backyard or attend a party with like-minded people. Have fun and enjoy yourself and grab a piping hot barbecued spareribs.