The delicious buttermilk biscuits have a special day dedicated to themselves. You got it right, every year 14th of May is celebrated as National Buttermilk Biscuit Day. This is surely the favourite day for all the folks who enjoy yummy buttermilk biscuits. The buttermilk biscuits are made using flour, salt, butter, baking soda, and buttermilk. The final dough is beaten and allowed to incorporate air during the baking process the batter rises. Biscuits are considered as cheap addition to meals and are one of the quick choices to control hunger pangs.
History of National Buttermilk Biscuit Day
The history of National Buttermilk Biscuit Day started back in the year. The supermarkets usually offer canned biscuits; these were refrigerated before it was popped into an oven.
- Alexander Ashbourne was the first person to patent a biscuit cutter in the year 1875.
- Buttermilk biscuits are a versatile food that came into existence before the beginning of the Civil War.
- Buttermilk biscuits did need yeast to get prepared, they usually have soft interiors and a slight brown crust.
- Buttermilk biscuits are famous in the Southern United States and are used in many recipes.
- In the year 1931, Ballard and Ballard introduced ready to bake buttermilk biscuits which could be refrigerated.
How to Observe National Buttermilk Biscuit Day?
The best possible way to observe National Buttermilk Biscuit Day is to indulge in a bowlful of buttermilk biscuits. Here are the top 4 ways to observe and celebrate National Buttermilk Biscuit Day.
- Hunt the best buttermilk biscuits in town
You can never get enough of buttermilk biscuits, look for stores and bakeries which bakes lips making buttermilk biscuits in town.
You can also opt for more style buttermilk biscuits and flavoursome gravy to make the most of National Buttermilk Biscuit Day
- Bake your buttermilk biscuits.
Nothing can be as satisfying than indulging in yummy and delicious homemade buttermilk biscuits. If you are not sure about the recipes, look online. You can get accessed to hundreds of easy to prepare buttermilk biscuits reduces.
You can also prepare your unique recipes by mixing and matching the ingredients. All you need is buttermilk as the super ingredient.
- Create a new dish using buttermilk biscuits.
Buttermilk biscuits look delicious on their own, but giving a creative twist is never going to hurt you. It is always easy to turn ordinary buttermilk biscuits into a yummy dish by adding new ingredients, make sure to keep the buttermilk biscuits as a base.
- Sheer indulgence
Buttermilk biscuits are versatile and you can enjoy them for breakfast, lunch and even dinner. Immerse the buttermilk biscuits in gravy or dips and relish it. Everything tastes good with buttermilk, top it up with jellies, jams, bacon, eggs, and even cheese. Delicious and healthy snacks are ready.
Why Celebrating National Buttermilk Biscuit Day is Important?
It is important to celebrate National Buttermilk Biscuit Day because there is a universal comfort food which is also inexpensive.
When is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day?