Every year on October 6, National Coaches Day is celebrated. A day where we can honor our couches, mentors who have helped us to achieve our goals. The first coach in our life is our parents they are the best coaches who sacrifice and teach us.
History of National Coaches Day
- The 37th US president Richard Nixon announced that October 6, would be celebrated as National coaches’ day. He found this day to encourage the coaches around the world.
- The oldest team sport is polo, the oldest sport is running. Water polo is the hardest game of all time! Senet is a board game and the oldest board game. The first Olympics took place in Greece and games were wrestling, running, long jump shot put.
- These games winners wouldn’t have achieved on their own. Their coaches had worked a lot to achieve their goals.
Facts on National Coaches Day
- Bill Russell represented the US in the Olympics held in Australia in 1956 and won the gold medal. His achievements are he has won 11 NBA championships as a coach.
- In 1972 President Richard Nixon declared national coaches’ day and also mentioned that ‘Coaches are highly qualified teachers in highly specialized fields’
- Joan wooden not only the best coach he is also a motivational speaker. He is a unique personality; he has also got a nickname by fans ‘Wizard Westwood’.
- His great achievements are he has won 10 National Collegiate Athletic Association national champion. He is a basketball player. ‘Ability is the poor man’s wealth’- Joan wooden
How to celebrate National Coaches Day?
- On this day be thankful to your coach who helped you to achieve your goals.
- Throw a surprise party for your coach to give a thank you greeting card for your coach. Bring your whole team and give a surprise.
- Listen to your coach’s advice and his failures in life which he or she has faced and has overcome.
- Female coaches have got a lot of discrimination and pullbacks in this society. They have got a lot of security fear and many other problems. To celebrate this day make them think that how brave and strong they are!
- Share your memories and stories with #Nationalcoachesday.
- Invite your former coaches to your college or school thank them and celebrate the day.
Why should be celebrate National Coaches Day?
- It is very important this day to celebrate. National coaches’ day is mostly celebrated in Canada, the United States of America.
- Being a coach is not a simple and easy job there are many problems, challenges, failures. Celebrate this day to make your coach know how strong they are physically and mentally.
- Sports are very strong it can change our lives. Keeps us fit, know the importance of success and failure
- Sports teaches us to have more patience and builds us strong to accept failure
- FlipGive is a sports company that raises money for sports teams that are in need.
- ‘A good coach can change a game, a great coach can change a life’
When is National Coaches Day?