Every year on October 6, National Coaches Day is celebrated. A day where we can honor our coaches, mentors who have helped us to achieve our goals. The first coach in our life is our parents; they are the best coaches who sacrifice and teach us.
History of National Coaches Day
- The 37th US president Richard Nixon announced that October 6 would be celebrated as National coaches’ day. He found this day to encourage the coaches around the world.
- The oldest team sport is polo, and the oldest sport is running. Water polo is the hardest game of all time! Senet is a board game and the oldest board game. The first Olympics took place in Greece, and games were wrestling, running, and long jump shots.
- These game winners wouldn’t have achieved on their own. Their coaches had worked a lot to achieve their goals.
Facts on National Coaches Day
- Bill Russell represented the US in the Olympics held in Australia in 1956 and won the gold medal. His achievements are he has won 11 NBA championships as a coach.
- In 1972 President Richard Nixon declared national coaches’ day and also mentioned that ‘Coaches are highly qualified teachers in highly specialized fields.’
- Joan wooden not only the best coach; he is also a motivational speaker. He is a unique personality; he has also got a nickname by fans ‘Wizard Westwood’.
- His great achievements are he has won 10 National Collegiate Athletic Association national champions. He is a basketball player. ‘Ability is the poor man’s wealth’- Joan wooden.
How to celebrate National Coaches Day?
- On this day, be thankful to your coach, who helped you to achieve your goals.
- Throw a surprise party for your coach to give a thank you greeting card for your coach. Bring your whole team and give a surprise.
- Listen to your coach’s advice and his failures in life that he or she has faced and overcome.
- Female coaches have got a lot of discrimination and pullbacks in this society. They have got a lot of security fear and many other problems. To celebrate this day, make them think about how brave and strong they are!
- Share your memories and stories with #Nationalcoachesday.
- Invite your former coaches to your college or school to thank them and celebrate the day.
Why should we celebrate National Coaches Day?
- It is very important this day to celebrate. National coaches’ day is mostly celebrated in Canada, the United States of America.
- Being a coach is not a simple and easy job; there are many problems, challenges, failures. Celebrate this day to make your coach know how strong they are physically and mentally.
- Sports are very strong; it can change our lives. It keeps us fit, knows the importance of success and failure.
- Sports teaches us to have more patience and builds us strong to accept failure.
- FlipGive is a sports company that raises money for sports teams that are in need.
- ‘A good coach can change a game, and a great coach can change a life.’
When is National Coaches Day?