Every year on October 11, National coming out day is celebrated. This day is celebrated to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people in society. They are sorted out according to their appearance! National coming out day matters a lot. This is mostly observed by the LGBT community.
History of National Coming Out Day
- National coming out day was first observed in 1988, in the United States. Robert Eichberg and O’Leary are gay, lesbian rights activists they were the first person to celebrate this day.
- The first lesbian in the world was ‘The Daughters of Bilitis’ from San Fransisco. And they were the first people to organize the first lesbian political party in the United States.
- The first same-sex marriage took place in Massachusetts. Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey were the first legally married same-sex partners! In 2004 at Cambridge city hall Massachusetts.
- Caitlyn Jenner one of the best sportsmen is the most famous transgender. Caitlyn Jenner was known as William Bruce Jenner the retired Olympic gold winner in decathlete. Caitlyn is also one of the Kardashians. Caitlyn was the father of super modes Kylie Jenner and Kendall Jenner.
How to Celebrate National Coming Out Day ?
- Support someone who is coming out it may be a very difficult task for them, help them to overcome, take a step show love to them.
- A symbol is very important to raise awareness so raise a symbol that would make them feel happy and strong!
- Contribute to human rights, NCOD, LGBTQ+, there are many people who are separated from society so helping them is a great go.
- Throw a surprise party to a person whom you know(lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) make them feel happy that they may forget their bad old past!
- Listen to their life story about how they have overcome the discriminations from their society and the problems they have faced. From their advice follow something good spread news that they shouldn’t be discriminated in society.
- Post up a picture with the people (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) with a #NtionalComingOutDay through these people may also know to give respect to the people out there who are suffering by discrimination, their sex, and many others.
- On this day many parades are held to make the coming out people feel happy so be a part of it!
Why It is important to Celebrate National Coming Out Day ?
- Hungary, United States, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Greenland and, the city of Berlin are the only places where National coming out day is celebrated! This is a very important day to celebrate so other countries should also celebrate this day!
- This is a celebration of showing love to each other. When people come together, they become powerful.
- It can change people’s lives and bring the character of forgiveness and showing love.
- Being LGBT is not very easy there are people who mistreat, misuses, abuse them very badly so on this day we can raise awareness on not doing this!
- Never be ashamed of who you are or who you love. Stand in your truth!
When is National Coming Out Day?