February 2nd is a special day for several countries around the world, as it marks the national day for several nations. Some of the countries that celebrate their national day on February 2nd include:
- Groundhog Day in the United States: a popular holiday that takes place on February 2nd each year. According to tradition, if a groundhog sees its shadow on this day, it predicts six more weeks of winter weather.
- National Wear Red Day in the United States: an annual event that takes place on the first Friday of February, which is February 2nd in 2018, to raise awareness about heart disease in women.
- Candlemas Day in Mexico: a religious holiday that takes place on February 2nd each year, celebrating the presentation of Jesus at the temple.
- Imbolc in Ireland: a traditional festival that marks the beginning of spring, celebrated on February 2nd in Ireland.
- National Tater Tot Day in the United States: An unofficial holiday that celebrates the beloved and versatile Tater Tot, which is a deep-fried, grated potato dish.
It’s a day of celebration, reflection, and awareness-raising for many different cultures and countries.