National freedom day is celebrated in the United States of America. The celebrations of freedom day mean a lot to people in the United States of America. The national freedom celebration is done grandly with the display of fireworks in some places of the United States. National freedom day is celebrated as a holiday in the United States of America on February 1st every year.
National freedom day is significant because slavery was outlawed. February 1 is the day when all American citizens must be thankful for the freedom they got. The day is significant because the celebration is done since slavery was abolished, letting all the Americans live with a good feeling and in a state of harmony. Make the most of national freedom day, let freedom ring prevail. Make the resolution to change black history and respect the former slave in the United States. Spread the word about freedom for all Americans on social media on February 1.
History of national freedom day
The reason for the celebration of the national freedom day on February 1 is a person called Major Richard Robert Wright. He was a slave once and fought for freedom for all Americans. As he came of slavery, he became a successful businessman and community leader in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He too resolution and chose to celebrate the day on February 1st as President Abraham Lincoln signed the 13th amendment of the constitution on February 1st, 1865.
Historical facts on national freedom day
- The 13th amendment of the American constitution outlawed slavery, which was signed by President Abraham Lincoln, which led to the celebration of this day as all the citizens got an equal opportunity.
- The day is very significant in the history of America, it is a day to demolish slavery in the United States Constitution, but it is not a public holiday.
- The bill of 13th amendment was passed in the year 1947 by Abraham Lincoln on February 1, and national freedom day is celebrated from that. The bill was passed a year after Mr. Wright’s death. President Lincoln signed the amendment, and since then, people traditionally take join resolution at the liberty bell on February 1.
- The tradition of wreath-laying at the Liberty bell is done to mark national freedom day.
What should we do on national freedom day?
The future generation and the present generation should know the significance of the day. Schools must organize events to impart the significance of the day. The family members hold the responsibility to talk about the significance of national freedom day. The family elders should talk about the historical event and the victory from slavery to the kids in the family.
It will be a nice idea to give cards or pamphlets to kids in the locality denoting the forefathers’ efforts to celebrate this day. Lay wreath on the liberty bell during February 1 as a mark of the thirteenth amendment holiday.
Why should we celebrate national freedom day?
- It was a long struggle to attain freedom from slavery. The efforts of the forefathers to bring a state of equality in the nation must be remembered.
- The day should be celebrated to follow and know the importance of the traditions associated with it.
- National freedom day preserves the harmony of the country, and the day must be celebrated.
- The day was created with a purpose by Mr wright. It should be celebrated with the respect it deserves.
Freedom is what all humans need. The world would be at peace when none is a slave. Let freedom day remind the hardships undergone by forefathers to abolish the concept of slavery. Let people celebrate freedom and live in harmony.
Other Days Celebrated in February