Last Updated on June 6, 2023
What if I told you there is a national day that promotes happiness? Recognize every moment of delight, joy, delight, and pleasure. Don’t let it slip away; most importantly, a light chuckle should be acknowledged, and if it develops into full-fledged happiness, don’t be astonished. It happens and for good as well.
When is National Happiness Happens Day?
Every year on August 8th, National Happiness Happens Day is observed. The purpose of the day is to spread the joy of being happy and making others happy. Allow happiness to happen naturally on this beautiful day. This day also aims to promote people’s right to express their happiness.
History of National Happiness Happens Day
National Happiness Happens Day, founded in 1999 as “Admit You’re Happy Day” by the Secret Society of Happy People, aims to spread the joy of being happy and persuade people to look on the bright side of life. In August of 1998, the Secret Society of Happy People was founded. It is a non-profit union dedicated to facilitating happiness. Members of the society are encouraged to consider happiness in their daily lives and to recognize happy moments. They have two slogans. The first is “Don’t Even Think of Raining on My Parade,” and the second is “Happiness Happens,” which is the theme of today.
Why Celebrate National Happiness Happens Day?
Wonder what day is it and why it is celebrated? The holiday is based on the impression that happiness is endless and that sharing a person’s happiness can bring a lot of joy into the lives of others. Likewise, the unofficial vacation is dedicated to the day the Secret Society of Happy People’s first component joined. While happiness can mean various things to different people, Happiness Happens Day enables people to take stock of their lives and try to do and think about things that create their happiness and share their happiness with others.
How to Celebrate National Happiness Happens Day?
- Give kudos – Go out of your way to thank or compliment someone on a job well done. Expressing how much we appreciate or admire someone increases happiness exponentially, not only for them but also for you.
- Make a list – Make a catalog of things that bring you happiness and creatures that make you unhappy. Work around people who make you more happy and content. This is one of the best ways to enjoy National Happiness Happens Day.
Interesting Facts About Happiness
Checkout these fabulous facts about being happy
- People who are consistently happy are more likely to have lower heart rates and blood pressure.
- Happy people are more likely to have strong immune systems.
- Happiness is an excellent way for people to cope with stress and become more resilient to it.
- Happy people have fewer body aches than people who are not happy.
- Happier people are more likely to live longer lives.
- Happiness spreads like wildfire. People who spend time with happy people are likelier to be happy.
- People who participate in their community regularly and positively are the happiest on the planet.
On this national day in August, spread love, laughter, and happiness. This day is to cherish every moment and make everyone around us happy.