Hot dogs are the most loved meal, and it is known as the staple food for Americans. Hot dogs are closely associated with baseball. The lovers of baseball always chose to enjoy the match by cherishing the hot dogs. The baseball stadiums serve 26 million hot dogs in a year. The National hot dog day is celebrated in the United States, Australia, Canada, and also a few other countries in the western world. The day specially dedicated to hot dogs falls on the third Wednesday in July.
History of National Hot Dog Day
The national hot dog day was introduced by the national hot dog and sausage council in 1991. The day was created in such a way that it coincides with the hot dog lunch held at Capital Hill. The American meat institute invites the Luncheon baseball players at the Capitol Hill, and it shows the deep-rooted close association between baseball and hot dogs.
- The hot dogs are steamed and grilled sausage. The finger bun is partially sliced is fit the sausage inside it. The classic sausages include bacon, olives, jalapenos, onions, and grated cheese. The garnish varies from one culture to the other.
- Franks and Weiners were the original names of the American style hot dogs.
- The world’s largest hot dog was 1996 feet tall. Sara Lee Corp developed it during the 1996 Olympics.
- The German immigrants sold the first hot dogs in the 1860s out of a New York City food cart.
- According to the Guinness book of world records, the most expensive hot dogs was priced at $169 by Tokyo dog in Seattle.
How To Celebrate National Hot Dog Day?
The best way to celebrate the day is by having a hot dog party with an amazing group of friends. The ones who love to showcase their culinary skills can mark this day to try out different hot dog recipes. The well-made ones can be enjoyed and shared with friends and family.
The dinner at home can be enjoyed with the wonderful self-made hot dogs and a good show on the television. The ones who find joy in the outdoors can enjoy the day in the best restaurants that serve amazing hot dogs.
Why Is It Important To Celebrate National Hot Dog Day?
The hot dogs have a long tradition, and it has become a part of all the celebrations. The recipe has got a long history, and it also varies from one culture to the other. The restaurants serving them make the best efforts to provide authentic hot dogs to the consumers.
The day should be celebrated to remember the long history of the hot dog recipes. The traditional recipes should be passed on to further generations.
Hot dogs with their sausages relish the taste buds. The traditions associated with hot dogs must be remembered. Let the national hot dog day be celebrated to spread hot dogs’ wonders to all the countries on this earth.
When is National Hot Dog Day?