Last Updated on May 24, 2023
Each year on June 20th, people celebrate National Ice Cream Soda Day, a national day in June dedicated to a delicious and refreshing drink made by combining ice cream, soda, and syrup. Many people enjoy this drink for its delicious, sweet, and fizzy taste. Let’s get to know more about the history of National Ice Cream Soda Day, why we celebrate it, how to celebrate it, and some fun facts about this delightful drink.
History of National Ice Cream Soda Day
Ice cream soda is a drink that has been around for a long time. A soda fountain owner in Philadelphia first invented it, and people have enjoyed it ever since. As per the history, this refreshing drink was created when he ran out of ice for his soda; he added some vanilla ice cream. The drink quickly became a hit, and now there are variations of it all over the country. As a result, People created National Ice Cream Soda Day to celebrate this beloved drink and its place in American culinary history. Although the exact origin of the holiday is unclear, ice cream soda enthusiasts are believed to have started it as a grassroots movement to share their love of the drink with others.
Related: Ice cream cone day
Why Celebrate National Ice Cream Soda Day?
This special day celebrates ice cream sodas, a delicious and nostalgic treat for people of all ages. It’s a day to have a lot of fun and enjoy a sweet drink with like-minded people. And, importantly, it’s a day to remember the history of ice cream sodas and their vital place in American culture.
How to Celebrate National Ice Cream Soda Day?
There are many ways to celebrate National Ice Cream Soda Day. Here are some ideas:
- Make your own ice cream soda: Making your own ice cream soda is a fun way to enjoy your favorite soda and ice cream together. You can experiment with different flavors and combinations to find your perfect drink. This is one of the most common ways to celebrate this day.
- Visit a soda fountain: National Ice Cream Soda Day is a special celebration of the delicious and nostalgic soda drink. On this day, you can visit a soda fountain to enjoy their special version of the drink or learn more about its history.
- Have an ice cream soda party: How about having a fun ice cream soda party with your friends? You can serve the drinks and also provide the ice cream and syrup. You can also have a contest to see who can make the best ice cream soda.
- Share your love on social media: To make the most of National Ice Cream Soda Day, share pictures of your favorite drinks using the hashtag #NationalIceCreamSodaDay. You can post pictures of your favorite drinks or share fun facts about the drink’s history.
Related: National Ice cream day
Fun Facts about Ice Cream Soda
- Philadelphia made the first ice cream soda in the late 19th century.
- Initially, people called it a “soda with ice cream,” but later changed it to “ice cream soda.”
- In the early 20th century, because of its immense popularity, people considered ice cream soda a treat for special occasions like birthdays and holidays.
- The creation of the root beer float, which combines root beer and vanilla ice cream, is believed to have been inspired by ice cream soda.
- Some popular variations of ice cream soda include chocolate soda, cherry phosphate, and strawberry soda.
National Ice Cream Soda Day is a fun and tasty holiday that celebrates the history and enjoyability of this refreshing drink. Whether you make your own ice cream soda, visit a soda fountain, or share your love on social media, there are many ways to celebrate this special day. Remember to celebrate this iconic day with like-minded people and enjoy the lip-smacking drink.