Last Updated on May 26, 2023
National Kitten Day celebrates kittens’ adorable, playful, and cuddly nature. This national day is celebrated annually on July 10th and is a day for cat lovers everywhere to show appreciation for these beloved pets. This special National Day in July is dedicated to all cat lovers.
History behind National Kitten Day
This day is celebrated to help raise awareness about the importance of adopting kittens from animal shelters. Kittens are often the most vulnerable animals in shelters and have a higher risk of being euthanized, so this day is an opportunity to encourage people to adopt a kitten and give them a loving home.
Related: Black cat appreciation day
Why Celebrate National Kitten Day?
This day is about celebrating the precious joy kittens bring to our lives. These little cats are full of energy, curiosity, and mischief; they always make us laugh and smile. National Kitten Day is also a chance to celebrate the bond between cats and humans and to help promote the welfare of all felines. The adorable kittens make our life super special and stress-free.
How to Celebrate National Kitten Day?
There are many ways to celebrate National Kitten Day, and here are a few ways to make the best of it.
- Adopt a kitten – If you are considering adding a new furry friend to your family, consider adopting a kitten from your local animal shelter on this day. This will help reduce the number of cats in shelters, and you will provide a loving home for a kitten. You will get an abundance of cat love in return.
- Donate to a shelter – If you can’t adopt a kitten, you can donate money to your local animal shelter. Shelters use donations to buy food, medical care, and other things for the animals there. Do some good deeds on National Kitten Day.
- Volunteer at a shelter – If you have some free time, consider volunteering at a local animal shelter. This will help you feed, clean, and socialize with the animals.
- Host a kitten-themed party – How about having a party with cats in mind? You could serve cookies shaped like cats, decorate with cat-themed decorations, and have an adoption event for kittens!
Related: National cat day
Fun Facts about National Kitten Day
Here are some fun facts about kittens:
- Kittens are born with blue eyes, which change to their permanent color.
- A group of kittens is called a Kindle.
- The average litter size for cats is 4-6 kittens.
- Kittens are born deaf and blind and rely on their sense of smell and touch to find their mother and food.
- Cats have been domesticated for over 10,000 years.
In conclusion, National Kitten Day is a day to celebrate the joy and happiness that kittens bring into our lives. Many ways to show appreciation for these beloved pets include adopting a kitten, donating to a shelter, or volunteering your time. Make the most of this day and spread love. Kittens have a way of capturing our hearts and reminding us of the simple joys in life. So on National Kitten Day, take a moment to cuddle with your furry friend and celebrate the love between cats and humans.