Cooking is something which is not restricted only to women. National Men Make Dinner Day is a brilliant way to promote equality by giving men the chance to prepare dinner. Each year 1st of November is celebrated as National Men Make Dinner Day. If you got a man in your life, ask him to wear the apron, sharpen the knife and prepare yummy dinner for you and your folks. Gender equality is a must, but many often feel that women are only made for the kitchen. To break the stereotype, it is crucial to celebrate National Men Make Dinner Day.
History of National Men Make Dinner Day
Cooking is something which everyone should learn especially, men. Sharpening the cooking skill for both the gender is important because you might go out for work, studies, etc. hence learning cooking can make your life hassle-free. Here is the brief history of National Men Make Dinner Day. It all started back in the year 1492s.
- Columbus Exchange was the origin of National Men Make Dinner Day. Many exchanged recipes during the trade routes. Be it species from America or the livestock from Europe, and men enjoyed trying out different delicacies.
- During the year 1845, Modern Cookery for Private Families published its first cookbook. The book was aimed at the home chef, and men were pretty excited to try out new and simple dishes with this cookbook’s help.
- Teflon was invented back in the year 1938, and since then, non-stick pans got famous. It also played a major role in establishing National Men Make Dinner Day.
How to Observe National Men Make Dinner Day?
Observing National Men Make Dinner Day is super duper easy. All you need is to encourage the man of your life to wear an apron, grab the chopping board, sharpen the knife and surprise you with a delicious dish. Here are some amazing ways to enjoy and celebrate National Men Make Dinner Day.
- Let the man of the house cook dinner.
Ask the man of your house to prepare a yummy dinner and surprise you. You can hand over an easy peasy recipe, cookbook, or suggest a YouTube channel from where he can get inspired and prepare a yummy dinner.
- Invite buddies for dinner
Another incredible way to celebrate National Men Make Dinner Day is to invite your female friends over dinner if you are a man. This is the best way to show gender equality. Encourage other male friends to join you during the cooking process.
- Teach a Boy Child
For the parents, it is important to raise both male and female children equally. During the National Men Make Dinner Day, teach your child to cook. Start with the basics of cooking, baking, and chopping. Encourage your son to learn and take an interest in the art of cooking.
Why Celebrating is National Men Make Dinner Day Important?
We live in a world where people give zero importance to gender quality. We live in 2020, but many think women belong only to the kitchen, and men should not be cooking. National Men Make Dinner Day is an extremely best way to shatter the narrow mindset and teach gender equality.
When is National Men Make Dinner Day?