Last Updated on April 16, 2023
Pancakes are the crispy and yummy wonder like by people around the words. Although pancakes are known to be a popular snack among kids, there isn’t any age limit to falling in love with the amazing taste of pancakes. Pancakes are quick to make, and it will be a delicious wonder that could melt the heart of the ones relishing it as the first bite is taken. Pancake looks thin, and the fillings are the real wonder that would make one forget themselves while relishing it. The pancakes are more popular worldwide and deserve a national day.
Related: National Flapjack Day
History of National Pancake Day
The tradition of observing national pancake day differs from one country to another. In the United Kingdom, Shrove Tuesday, which is the day before Ash Wednesday, is celebrated as National Pancake Day. Pancakes deserve a lot of celebration, so apart from Shrove Tuesday, it is also celebrated on September 26th in the United States and a few other countries. IHOP celebrates national pancake day on February 25th to raise funds for helping millions of sick children across the United States and Canada.
Few Facts on Pancakes
- The history of pancakes dates back more than 30000 years ago. It may be considered the oldest breakfast food.
- Pancakes are also known as griddle cakes, hotcakes, or Jhony cakes.
- It is believed that ancient Greece was the people who invented the recipe for pancakes. Now, there are various varieties of pancakes around the globe.
- In Indonesia, the pancakes known as “Serabi,” which are made up of rice flour and coconut milk, are consumed. In Uganda, pancakes are made using bananas.
- In Britain, France, and other parts of Europe, the sweet and savory filling is put within the pancakes.
- The trend of celebrating national pancake day on September 25th began in the year 2005 in the United States of America and a few other countries. It was knowns as Lumberjack day initially.
What Should we do on National Pancake Day?
- The best way to enjoy national pancake day is to prepare a wonderful recipe using pancakes with friends and relish it as a group.
- The bakery is the place that deserves the celebration of pancakes. We could get home the best pancakes and relish them with full satisfaction.
- If we love celebrating the day with friends and family, we can plan to have dinner at a beautiful restaurant and enjoy pancakes as an additional dish.
Why Should We Celebrate National Pancake Day?
Pancake is a popular and yummy dish around the world. The taste of pancakes gives delight to the mind, so we must celebrate the day and enjoy various varieties of pancakes with our loved ones.
There are various varieties of pancakes on this earth. National pancake day is an opportunity to try various available pancakes in our locality. Many bakeries will offer the best deals during national pancake day, so one must enjoy all the best offers.
When is National Pancake Day?