The word potato chips have got the ability to melt the heart of anyone on this earth. The ones who do not like potatoes must be an alien on earth. The potato gets the best taste as it is fried. The potato chips are crispy and they stand as a sound of energy to the mind and the body. The potato chips have got its fame all over the world. The potato chips deserve a day to be celebrated.
History of potato chips day
March 14th is celebrated as the national potato chips day in the United States and a few other countries. There is a lot of evidence on the history of potato chips but there isn’t enough documentation or archives regarding the history of national potato chips day.
Few facts about potato chips
- The history of potato chips dates back to 1853. An unhappy customer kept complaining that the potatoes were thick and soggy. The chef George decided to try an innovation. He cut the potatoes into thin slices and fried them until they were crispy. Salt was sprinkled on the fried potatoes. The recipe caught the hearts of many customers. The recipe was named as the Saratoga chips.
- The crispy version of potato chips was officially found in 1853. The history of trying out to make potato chips dates back to 1823.
- The term Saratoga chips became popular in the 1870s. The term got its place in the menu card of various restaurants.
- The chips had become more popular and then the chips were baked in the hot oven to stay crisp for longer days.
- The Dayton which is the Ohio based Mike –sell’s potato chip company is known to be the oldest potato chip company in the United States of America. It was founded in the year 1910.
- The flavoured potato chips were invented in the 1950s.
What should we do on potato chips day?
The potato chips day is to enjoy the best potato chips. It is our choice to enjoy the day as we want. We can just sit like a couch potato in front of the television and enjoy a pack of potato chips or have a lot of fun with friend and family by taking enough packets of potato chips to be enjoyed during a trip.
We can make an innovative recipe using potato chips and enjoy the day with our family members and friends. Kids love potato chips, so adults can take some effort to teach the kids about the art of making the crispy potato chips.
Why should we celebrate potato chips day?
The potato chip is widely popular around the world. It has blended well with various cultures around the world. The potato chips have got a long history. The celebration of the national potato chips day is a credit to the inventors of the recipe.
The large round potato has entered the heart of many people around the world in the form of the chips. Let the celebration of the national potato chips day be filled with joy, fun and laughter.
When is National potato chips Day?