Last Updated on May 26, 2023
National Sour Candy Day is ideal for individuals who crave sour and tangy flavors to satisfy their sweet tooth. Each year on July 18th, admirers of sour candy unite to commemorate these distinctive delicacies and their ability to make mouths pucker. This day is all about enjoying the lip smacking and unique punch of sour candy flavors.
History of National Sour Candy Day
The exact source of this day is uncertain, though it is thought to have been established by candy producers to advertise their sour confections. Subsequently, it has evolved into a yearly recognition of all things sour and candy-oriented.
Related: National Candy Day
Why Celebrate National Sour Candy Day?
This day is a great occasion to celebrate for numerous reasons. The foremost reason is that sour candy is delectable and offers a distinctive and gratifying taste that favors. Moreover, sour candy can also have unexpected health advantages that shouldn’t be ignored. Research conducted by the University of Illinois suggests that the acids present in sour candy can activate the production of saliva, which aids in balancing the acid levels in the mouth and preventing tooth decay.
How to Celebrate National Sour Candy Day?
There are many ways to celebrate National Sour Candy Day. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Try new sour candy flavors: Numerous types of sour candy are available for selection, such as sour gummies, sour belts, sour patches, and others. Utilize this day as a justification to experiment with fresh tastes and labels. Make the most of this day by hogging into various sour candy flavors.
- Host a sour candy tasting party: Ask your friends to come over and bring their favorite sour candy. Then you can all taste them and decide which ones you like the most. Cherish the different variety of sour candy with your like minded folks.
- Make your own sour candy: Do you want to have some fun? You can make your own sour candy at home! You can find easy recipes on the internet.
- Get creative with sour candy: You can put sour candy on top of your ice cream or cupcakes to make them more delicious. You can also use it to make special drinks that taste sour.
Fun Facts About Sour Candy
Here are some fun facts to impress your friends on this day:
- Sour candy is believed to have originated in the early 20th century when candy manufacturers began adding citric acid to their products.
- The sour taste in sour candy comes from using acids like citric acid, malic acid, and tartaric acid.
- Sour Patch Kids were originally called Mars Men and were shaped like aliens. They were later rebranded and renamed to appeal to a wider audience.
- Warheads, one of the most popular sour candy brands, were created in the 1970s and gained popularity in the 1990s.
- Sour candy is often used in pranks and challenges, such as the “Sour Candy Challenge,” where participants try to eat as many sour candies as possible without making a face.
This national day is when people can have fun and enjoy their favorite sour candies. On this day, you can try new flavors, have a party with friends to taste different types of sour candies, or even make something creative with them. Sour candies have been around for a long time, and people love them because they have a special taste that makes your mouth pucker. So, celebrate sour candies by eating your favorite ones with your favorite people.