Last Updated on June 11, 2023
National Spoil Your Dog Day is one of the best days for dog owners who adore their animals. This holiday is all about spoiling your dog and making him or her feel very special. Yes, we do spoil our dogs regularly, whether daily or several times throughout the day. But National Spoil Your Dog Day wants you to take it a step further.
When is National Spoil Your Dog Day?
National Spoil Your Dog Day is observed annually on August 10th and is a holiday dedicated to going above and beyond for your dog. Shower her with extra love, attention, goodies, and fun activities all day. It’s also worth noting that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to spoil your dog.
Related: National Work Like A Dog Day
History of National Spoil Your Dog Day
The origins of National Spoil Your Dog Day are unknown, but it is thought to have begun in the early 2000s in the United States. As the popularity of dog holidays grows, so does the demand for them. This holiday has grown in popularity in recent years, with an increasing number of dog owners participating. These occasions often serve as an opportunity to appreciate and spoil our furry friends.
Why Celebrate National Spoil Your Dog Day?
Wonder what day is this and why it is celebrated. Here are the two best reasons why you must celebrate National Spoil Your Dog Day
- Bonding and Connection: This day allows you to strengthen your bond and connection with your dog. Spending quality time together, participating in activities, and lavishing them with love and attention all contribute to positive experiences that strengthen your relationship.
- Recognizing Their Importance: Dogs are devoted and loving companions who bring us joy, comfort, and companionship. Celebrating this day allows us to recognize their significance and their positive impact on our well-being.
How to Celebrate National Spoil Your Dog Day?
Here are the top 3 ways to make the most of National Spoil Your Dog Day
- Special Treats: Make delicious homemade treats for your dog or buy high-quality, healthy treats from a pet store. You could even make dog-friendly cookies or freeze yogurt treats for them to eat.
- New Toys: Give your dog a new toy or two. Interactive puzzles and toys that can be stuffed with treats are popular among dogs. This will keep them entertained and stimulated mentally.
- Doggy Spa Day: Treat your pup to a relaxing spa day. Give them a warm bath with dog-friendly shampoo and a gentle massage. You can trim their nails, brush their coats, and clean their ears if necessary.
Related: National Take Your Dog to Work Day
Interesting Facts About the Connection between Dogs and Human
- 64% of pet owners have prepared treats or even whole meals for their pets from scratch.
- 44% of pet owners celebrate their furry friend’s birthday every year, and 83% have thrown a birthday party for their pet at some point.
- 70% of pet owners will not feed their pet ingredients they have not personally researched.
- In terms of diet, treats, grooming, and overall pet expenditures, Maryland pets are the most spoiled in the United States.
- If they didn’t get along with their pet, 63% of pet owners would end their relationship.
- 34% of pets are groomed or updated at least once every other month.
This National Day is a fabulous way to show love and care to your dog; take this day as an opportunity to pamper your fur baby and make them feel super special. Don’t forget to take cute pictures and spread the work on social media.