The colour red symbolizes the spirit. The bright red makes us feel energetic. The colour red is associated with blood. Blood is the vital fluid in our system and we must know its importance. The colour red could spread positive vibration. The blood does a lot, and the arteries and veins do their job for the heart. The red heart is a symbol of love. The heart must be loved. The wear red day is celebrated to promote awareness about the care we must give for our heart. The day is celebrated in the United States, United Kingdom and few other countries in the American and European continent.
History of National wear red day
The national wear red day is celebrated by wearing a red dress to promote awareness on heart diseases. The day is dedicated to the awareness of heart diseases that affect women. The day was an initiative of American Heart Association and National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute in the year 2002.
Historical facts on national wear red day
- The national wear red is celebrated on the 1st Friday in February every year.
- The day was created to bring greater attention to diseases that affect the heart as it was becoming a major issue affecting women at large.
- In the United States of America, an awareness campaign called the heart truth is national, heart, lung and blood institute. It was designed to warn women of the danger that can happen to their heart.
- In the United kingdom a Yorkshire based charity organization creates an awareness on the congenital heart diseases through Children’s heart surgery fund.
What should we do on national wear red day?
- As the code of the day is to wear red , we must wear a beautiful red dress and care for our heart. It would be nice to prevent than cure. It is a good idea to send cards on the importance of caring the heart to the woman you care.
- The funds for caring the one affected by heart diseases can be collected on this day. We must participate in events and campaigns to create awareness of heart health.
- We can have a complete physical check and ensure the well being our heart on the national wear red day.
Why should we celebrate national wear red day?
- The population of men and women getting affected due to the diseases related to the heart is on the rise. The national wear red day must be celebrated to create awareness on proper diet and exercises that should be followed as a routine.
- Women need to put extra care for their heart. Women are naturally prone to stress. The wear red day must be celebrated to impart the importance of their heart to the women.
Health is essential to be happy. Our heart must be happy and free of diseases. On celebrated the day by wearing red let us know the right care we must give for our heart and for the heart of our loved ones.
When is National Wear Red Day?