Last Updated on August 2, 2023
There is a national day that encourages all of us to work hard and get set ready for upcoming challenges like a boss. National Work Like a Dog Day is all about honoring and recognizing the efforts put in by people to excel in their work.
When is National Work Like a Dog Day?
Every 5th of August is celebrated as National work like dog day; it creates an appetite for us to work hard and face the upcoming challenges in life. The phrase ‘work like a dog’ is an idiom that means working extremely hard. Recognizing people who put a lot of effort into their work is celebrated.
Related: National Take Your Dog To Work Day
History of National Work Like a Dog Day?
National work like a dog day is an underrated event not known by all, yet it has great significance. This national day is celebrated on the 5th of August every year to cheer up the hardworking employees, the first work like a dog day was celebrated in 2004, and Colleen Paige founded it. The phrase comes from farm dogs that work till sunset and sled dogs that do grueling tasks. People have worked so hard to create many things, from the industrialization revolution to Artificial Intelligence. Working at home, doing homework, completing household chores, etc., we give out all our efforts and hard work.
Why Celebrate National Work Like a Dog Day?
Wonder what national day is it and why it is celebrated? The answer is here. It is celebrated to recognize and appreciate people who work over the clock and who work tirelessly toward a goal, as doing work unwillingly would not bring out good outcomes. This could be anything from completing homework or striving hard to get a promotion. It is celebrated to achieve the pre-planned goals and to appreciate the workaholics and their efforts. Through this, it evokes one to mold their capacity and capability. It is to honor the people who work the extra mile. It is about pampering one’s ability and celebrating one’s contribution to society. It is also to understand what made them work so hard rather than being like others who wait for the end of the day to move home.
How to Celebrate National Work Like a Dog Day?
- Appreciate one for their hard work and give time a treat or encourage them to work more
- Creating an awareness campaign and spreading awareness to people about working hard and focusing on the future as not all toil hard.
- Spend time with them, honor and appreciate them for their work, and ask what made them do so much.
- Asking them about the struggles they faced for their success would be a life lesson to all working people and youngsters.
- On National Work Like a Dog Day, gather all your neighbors, friends, and family and watch videos of successful people who worked over the clock and how they overcame their hurdles.
- Post a picture of one of the most hardworking people you know with the #nationalworklikedogday, which could boost them up to work even harder for people who still haven’t started, and this would be an encouragement for them to work hard.
Interesting Facts About National Work Like a Dog Day
Here are a few interesting facts about the National Work Like a Dog Day.
- This day also means to honor hard-working dogs, including service dogsAugust, therapy dogs, police dogs, etc.
- On National Work Like a Dog Day, companies appreciate their most hard-working employees by giving them money or treats, posting a banner, or giving them a certificate.
On this important national day in August, take time to appreciate and honor the people giving their souls and finished their responsibility perfectly. The above-mentioned ways are the few best options to make the most of this day and create great memories.