Last Updated on May 26, 2023
“Share a Hug Day” promotes human connection, love, and positivity. So, whether it’s on a designated day or any other day, don’t be afraid to give someone a warm and genuine hug if they are open to it, as long as it aligns with their comfort level and boundaries. A warm hug can make anyone super duper happy and lift up their mood.
Every year on July 30, the United States commemorates Share a Hug Day as one of the most important national days in 2023. The idea is to hug people close to you to show them how much you love and appreciate them. These warm hugs are especially beneficial for people who are down. It is beautiful being surrounded by a loved one’s arms, and the warmth of their body communicates a sense of empathy, security, and solidarity. Anytime is a good time to share a hug with someone willing to receive or give one.
Mike Brundritt founded Share a Hug Day after losing his wife and son in a terrible car accident one night. Brundritt decided to share one of his family’s most important traditions with the world: giving and receiving hugs frequently and with abandon, with a dedication to turning anything negative into a positive. He realized firsthand how life-changing a hug could be and how a simple display of compassion can brighten someone’s day.
Related: National hugging day
Hugging is a type of physical touch that can express affection, comfort, and support to people you care for. It has been demonstrated that it causes the release of oxytocin, a hormone associated with bonding and happiness. People may hold “Share a Hug Day” or similar events to remind themselves and others of physical touch’s benefits and promote more empathy, kindness, and connection among individuals. The Share a hug day can serve as a reminder to show kindness, compassion, and love to one another.
Related: National hug your cat day
Here are some fabulous ways to make the most of a hug day.
- Share about the day: Make the most of the Share a Hug Day to raise awareness about the value of the human touch and its positive effects on mental and emotional well-being. You can also share information, articles, or personal experiences on social media or other platforms to encourage others to join in the celebration and spread love.
- Love yourself: On this day, give yourself a hug, practice self-care, express gratitude for your well-being, and focus on happiness. Treat yourself with kindness and accept the love you have for yourself.
Fun Facts About Hug
Here are some fun facts about hug,
- Hugging has both physical and emotional benefits. It is known that hugging causes the release of oxytocin, a hormone associated with bonding and affection.
- Regular hugs can help to reduce stress, increase happiness, and strengthen social connections.
- Different cultures have varying attitudes toward hugging. Hugging is a common form of greeting in some cultures, but it may be more reserved or formal in others.
- Hugging can be used as a form of therapy known as “hug therapy” or “cuddle therapy.”
On share hug day, spread love and warmth in your circle. Let the warm hugs do magic and make everyone happy. Make the most of sharing a hug day and encourage others also to shower love on their near and dear ones.