The very famous world Social Media Day is celebrated on the 30th of June each year. It is a global day which is being celebrated all over the globe with great enthusiasm. It is an important day to celebrate because social media has not only helped the individuals to connect with each other but also it is an excellent source for business to expand and serve a huge number of audiences across the globe.
In today’s’ techno-savvy world, Social media networks are a saviour to connect with people, family, and friends. With just a few taps and clicks, anyone can effortlessly connect to their family and the same goes for the business.
History of Social Media
Today, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp are considered as famous social media platforms, but let us have a quick history of social media.
- In the 20th century, Tom Truscott and Jim Ellis first mentioned Usenet, it allows people to post new posts and articles online on a newsgroup.
- During the 1970s, Bulletin board systems came into the picture. It allowed the users to connect and it was considered as a famous social media platform till the 1990s.
- In the year 1988, Internet Relay Chat was popularly used for sharing the files, links and to stay in touch. Programs were made use to enable instant messaging.
- The first social media platform was launched in the year 1997, it was called Sixdegrees.
- The advances levels social media started in the year 2000 and it was the time Friendster was launched. It was the year 2002 when they saw millions of users creating an account on Friendster.
- LinkedIn came into existence during 2003 and was extensively used for business.
- Facebook was launched in the year 2004 ad was popular by 2008. It is a rapidly growing social media network where people post several contents almost every day.
The best way to be on social media in today’s world is to post something on the online platform. Here are multiple ways to observe and celebrate national social media day.
- Join some online group conversations.
- Participate in a Tweet Chat.
- Host or guest on a Facebook / Instagram / YouTube Live Video.
- Share some quotes or content from your favourite social media network.
- Post your first profile picture on social media and share it with your friends.
- Virtual meet all your online friend and celebrate the day with great spirit.
- Connect with your lost friends via social media site and spread love.
Why Celebrating Social media day is important
Social media is how we connect with people all over the world in a simple and fast way. Social media sites play a vital role in our everyday. Be it reading everyday update, news, about a pandemic or about global news. Social media helps the spread the message in a fast way. In addition to it, social media is a low-cost network which connects wide audience and is available within just few taps.
When is World Social Media Day?