The chirp of the bird is amazing to hear. Birds are a wonderful species. There are many varieties of birds living in this world. Birds make the morning and evening splendid.
There is a national bird day to celebrate the birds around the world. Feathered friends make our life beautiful. The day dedicated to celebrating the bird falls on January 5th. National bird day is celebrated in the United States and a few other countries. It is wonderful to be aware of various species of birds by observing a bird day for them. The national bird day January is also known as migratory bird day, and bird lovers eagerly wait for it in the United States. If you are bird watchers, you would love to explore bird species on world migratory bird day.
History of the National Bird Day
The national bird day does not have a long history for the celebration. National bird day is celebrated in January since 2002. The day’s importance was called fall due to the rapid decrease in the few species; hence this migratory bird day came into existence. So, the day was started to bring awareness of the unfriendly activities that could harm the birds. The unfriendly activities include captive bird harassment by bird owners, the pet trade, and all. Bird enthusiasts on January 5 take much-needed conservation efforts.
Historical Facts on National Bird Day
- The Avian welfare coalition and born the free USA started to observe the national bird day in 2002 to draw attention to the birds. The Avian welfare coalition in South America is famous for many reasons.
- It is said that nearly 12% of the birds worldwide are on the verge of extinction. The day was found with the purpose of spreading the need of the birds in our ecosystem.
- The national bird was set up on January 5 to coincide with the annual Christmas bird count. The day January 5, denotes the importance of bird conservation.
What Should We Do On National Bird Day?
It would be a nice idea to have a get-together with friends and family and get involved in the activity of bird watching on the international migratory bird day, which falls on January 5. You can get more information about the bird holidays and animals in the Atlanta journal-constitution.
The main aim of observing a day for the bird is to save them from getting extinct. It is essential to tell the importance of birds to the future generation. It would be amazing to make the children participate in different activities conducted on national bird day. Activities should enlighten about the birds to the children.
Birds love nature. Bit, if you are a bird lover and would like to cage it in the best environment, you can adopt a bird.
Why Should We Celebrate National Bird Day?
- The various departments in the government and non-governmental organizations say that several bird types are getting extinct. The people must celebrate a day to save the wonderful species of birds from getting extinct.
- There are many species of birds around the world. These tiny creatures have a unique lifestyle. Some birds migrate to other continents. On observing a national bird day, we could learn a lot about various birds across the globe and create awareness.
- All birds should be under threat. Where several species get extinct ecosystem will get imbalanced. By observing birds’ day, as people, we will learn to be sensitive to the birds’ needs and be friendly to them.
- Feathered friends are a wonderful part of our ecosystem. Let’s make the life of all the feathered friends wonderful by observing a day and creating an environment that is friendlier for them.
Other Days Celebrated in January