The chirp of the bird is amazing to hear. Birds are a wonderful species. There are many varieties of birds living in this world. Birds make the morning and evening splendid.
There is a day to celebrate the birds around the world. Feathered friends make our life beautiful. The day dedicated to celebrating the bird falls on January 5th. The national bird day is celebrated in the United States and a few other countries. It is wonderful to be aware of various species of birds by observing a day for them.
History of the national bird day
The national bird does not have a long history with respect to the celebration. The national bird is celebrated since 2002. The day’s importance was called fall due to the rapid decrease in the few species of birds. So, the day was started to bring awareness of the unfriendly activities that could harm the birds.
Historical facts on national bird day
- The Avian welfare and born the free USA stated proposed to observe the national bird day in 2002 to draw attention towards the birds.
- It is said that nearly 12% of the birds worldwide are on the verge of extinction. The day was found with the purpose of spreading the need of the birds in our ecosystem.
- The national bird was set up on January 5th so that the day coincides with the annual Christmas bird count.
What should we do on the national bird day?
It would be a nice idea to have a get-together with friends and family and get involved in the activity of bird watching.
The main aim of observing a day for the bird is to save them from getting extinct. It is essential to tell the importance of birds to the future generation. It would be amazing to make the children participate in different activities conducted on national bird day. Activities should enlighten about the birds to the children.
Birds love nature. Bit, if you are a bird lover and would like to cage it in the best environment, you can adopt a bird.
Why should we celebrate national bird day?
- The various departments in the government and non-governmental organizations say that several species of birds are getting extinct. It is necessary to celebrate a day to save the wonderful species of birds from getting extinct.
- There are many species of birds around the world. Birds have a unique lifestyle. Some birds migrate to other continents. On observing a national bird day, we could learn a lot about various birds in the world.
- Birds should be under threat. Where several species get extinct ecosystem will get imbalanced. By observing birds’ day, we will learn to be sensitive to the birds’ needs and be friendly to them.
- Feathered friends are a wonderful part of our ecosystem. Let’s make the life of the feathered friends wonderful by observing a day and creating an environment that is friendlier for them.
When is National Bird Day?