Every year April – 29 is celebrated as the International dance day. The purpose of celebrating the dance is to promote art and culture and also to raise awareness among the people regarding the art of dance. Dance is an art and also it is a method of communication in cultures around the world. Dance is one of the arts which is loved and practiced by the majority of the population in this world. For this international dance day learn a new dance, call your friends and rock on the floor.
History International Dance Day
- International dance day was created by the dance committee of the ITI (International Theatre Institute) in the year of 1982.
- April 29 is the birthday of French dance artist (well-famed) Jean-Georges Noverre. He was born in 1727, and he is a famous dancer, ballet master, great reformer of dance. For a tribute to him, dance is celebrated on April 29.
- Every year on the dance day (April 29), a message from an outstanding dancer or choreographer will be circulated throughout the world.
Activities to do on Internation Dance Day
- Donate something to a dance club of your choice
Every place will have a dance club where the people will practice and perform the dance. Find a club nearby you, go there, and donate something for that club to the improvement. Or else donate for a person who has a strong passion for dancing but weak in economical status.
- Call your friends and dance
On the dance day, call your best friends to an amazing place with a list of amazing songs. Dance with them and make happy vibes around you.
- Go and see a dance performance
Hopefully, the place you are staying in will have some dance festivals. Watch the amazing performance there and get manic by dancing.
- Spread to the world
Post your or your favorite dancer’s dancing video on a social media platform and put a hashtag #InternationalDanceDay. Talk to your friends about the importance of dance, why dance matters to you, and about the benefits of the dance. Speak about the dance and let the world know about it.
Why Everyone Loves International Dance Day?
- Dance is an emotion
The people who love to dance will know that dance is not just a word, it is an emotion for many. People will feel happy when they are dancing. Dance is the best way to get out of stress, chaos, and negativity.
- The best way for a romance
Just imagine, a perfect breeze evening and a mesmerizing melody hit and you are dancing with your partner, yeah it will be an amazing feeling. Dance is the best way to romance with your better half and it helps you to create a physical and mental closeness with your partner.
- Dual enjoyment
Music plays an important role in dance, and you can listen to a variety of music or songs and dance. So you will have dual enjoyment that will make you high.
Finally, to be the happiest person and to get out of all the mental strain just dance and rock with your friends, family. For this dance day go somewhere for a trip (or even at your home’s terrace) play a vibrant song and start to build your relationship stronger. Happy Dance Day!
When is International Dance Day?