Hats, one of the most fascinating things that everyone loves to wear, from kids to adults. When we were kids our parents used the hat, to cover our heads from sunlight, from there to the elders wearing hats, to cover them for shades. Hat played a major role in the life of the people who work in the sunlight for long hours.
There are different types of hats in the world, where hats represent different cultures and the works associated with it. Once, hat represented different departments both in the government and private sector. At times, hats are used to represent status in families in England, who possess an enormous amount of wealth. Even till date people wearing hats for various purposes, but there comes a certain day, where people in the United States celebrates the day for the accessory, that we use in our life. National hat day was celebrated on January 15, which is an unofficial holiday.
HISTORY OF HAT DAY
No one exactly knows, when the hat was created. It was found in historical depictions of a hat present in the pictorial drawing of a tomb from Thebes in Egypt, which shows a man wearing a conical straw hat during 3200bc. Much upper-class Egyptians wore hairdressers, to keep them cool. Hats are worn during those ancient times. There are different types of and reasons for hats to be worn.
- One of the long-lasting hats and famous hat is Fedora, which was made few in the 1880s, but still in the market up to this date. An actress named as fedora Romazov was cast in a play as fedora worn a hat, which went on to be the name of the hat. It was used by women and later by men.
- Hatters traditionally made male hats for males and milliner made female hats.
- In ancient Greece and Rome, when a slave is freed from the owners, he was awarded a cap for representing freedom.
- Hats vanished from the scene for some time and reentered the scene during 1800-1900.
- Elizabeth “the first” had a rule for people above the age of 7 should wear hats.
- Chefs white tall hats were invented by inventors named Marie-Antoine Carème and Auguste Escoffier as a method for establishing a hierarchy in the kitchen.
WHY HAT DAY IS CELEBRATED
Hat day is celebrated all across the world, Some say it’s for protection, ceremonial reasons and religious reasons or fashion. Even though there is no enough evidence and a reason to celebrate world hat day, It is celebrated by the entire world on January 15.
HOW TO CELEBRATE HAT DAY
It is celebrated by wearing our hats throughout the day, And people celebrate it by handing over hats to the neighbors, relatives, and their colleagues. Everyone celebrates it with their families in the US every year
This day is one of the fun days where people celebrate it so happily, to ensure safety and awareness from too much sun, spiritual and religious awareness.
When is National Hat Day?