Hugging is an expression of love that is instinct within the humans. The expression of a hug to seek love or comfort could be seen in babies who are less than 1 year too. Our life is surrounded by amazing families and friends most of the times. The hug serves as an exchange for a lot of emotions among the family members and friends. There is a day dedicated to celebrating this wonderful expression of love and care. The national hugging day is celebrated in the United States, the United Kingdom and in various other countries around the world.
History of national hugging day
The national hugging day was created by a person called Kevin Zaborney and it falls annually on January 21st. The celebration of the day began in the year 1986 at Clio,Michigan in the united states of America.
Historical facts on national hugging day
- Zoboeney felt the need to create the day dedicated to hugging as he considered the fact that American society is embarrassed to show the feelings in public.
- The day was created to express the fact the showing the emotions in public are alright.
- January 21st was chosen to celebrate as it fell between Christmas and New Year holidays.
What should we do on national hugging day?
It is said that hugging is an important part of relationships. The couples can celebrate this day by having a warm hug and spend the day the way they love. Hugging is going to give a lot of happiness and memorable moments for the couples who express love by hugging each other.
Hugging benefits the mind and the body. There is a day dedicated to hugging. Please comfort the person whom you know is suffering from any illness on this day. Express the love for the people in need by meeting them and give a warm hug.
Why should we celebrate national hugging day?
1) Hugging is a wonderful expression. It comforts a person who is sad due to some reason in his or her life. Hugging also expresses the love and care that one person has for another.
2) National hugging day can be celebrated to express the feelings within the heart by hugging each other. The hugs among friends will certainly increase the bond that they have built since they met.
3) The day is celebrated to remind that hugging is perfectly fine to comfort the friend or family member who needs it. It is also celebrated to say that hugging among friends to express joy in public is also perfectly fine.
4) The day is celebrated to help people show their emotions in public. It is to say the emotions need not be hidden and felt alone. Hugging day is celebrated to show that emotions can be shared with the trusted people around us.
Let the national hugging day spread peace and love around the world. Any celebrations and joy don’t go without hugs. Let this day remind the significance of hugging and caring.
When is National Hugging Day?