Verbal compliments could boost the energy of any human being. It is always good to hear something nice about ourselves and say something nice about others. Try complimenting someone, and it can make someone’s day happy. It is always good to hear positive words. The great compliments that are filled with positive energy are really a beautiful thing. There is a national day for complimenting each other, and it is celebrated on January 24th. Compliments occur regularly, but there is a special day dedicated, i.e., January 24th, to compliments to remind us that it is beautiful to complement our friends and friends for everything that is amazing about them. It is the easy way to have the best relationship and boost the self-esteem of someone in a long way.
History of national compliment day
The national compliment day is celebrated on January 24th in the united states and a few other countries. It is believed that the day was created by two women from New Hampshire in 1998. Kathy Chamberline and Deffy Hoffyman created this day to express that complimenting is a positive way of connecting humans around the world. The national compliment day is one of the best holidays, which establishes trust among people when they compliment each other.
Historical facts about national compliment day
- The national compliment day falls on March 1st annually. The day national compliment was originated because of a person called Hans Pootveiliet from the Netherlands. The national compliment was celebrated in the Netherlands initially, and then it was spread to the globe as compliment day national.
- Mr. Poortvliet stressed that the compliment should be in words and not in gifts; that is how national compliment day can get into existence.
- Many countries have their national complement day apart from the celebration of the world compliment day.
- The word compliment is derived from the Latin word complere. Complere means to fill up; this is how compliment day is celebrated nationwide. The day was founded to celebrate as a national or international day to fill up humans’ hearts with positive words.
What should we do on national compliment day?
- It would be an amazing idea to meet folks who are really close to us physically and complement them from something you got due to them on national day compliment. We need not spend money on purchasing gifts, but we can make people feel good with positive words.
- It would be great to make cards with positive words and send them to people who live far from us. It will be nice to call and talk to friends and family by saying positive words to them.
- Children should learn the art of complementing. Competitions or games can be arranged for the kids in our locality to teach them the importance of completing other folks. They should feel the goodness of complimenting others and receiving good compliments from others.
Why should we celebrate national compliment day?
- Complimenting is an essential skill that humans should have. It is always nice to receive completing from people in our workplace, friends, or family members. The day is a reminder to enforce the fact that verbal compliments can do wonders for another person rather than materialistic gifts.
- The national compliment day should be celebrated so that the future generation will be under the emotions attached to saying words filled with positivity.
Completing others is a good deed. When we truly compliment, we feel good, and we make the one whom we are complementing feel great. National compliment day is a wonderful holiday and should be spread across social media with similar hashtags.