Verbal compliments could boost the energy of any person. It is always good to hear something nice about ourselves and say something nice about others. It is always good to hear positive words. The great compliments that are filled with positive energy are really a beautiful thing. There is a national day for complimenting each other. Compliments occur regularly, but there is a special day dedicated to compliments to remind us that it is beautiful to complement our friends and friends for everything that is amazing about them.
History of national compliment day
The national compliment day is celebrated on January 24th in the united states and a few other countries. It is believed that the day was created by two women from New Hampshire in 1998. Kathy Chamberline and Deffy Hoffyman created this day to express the fact that complimenting is a positive way of connection between humans around the world.
Historical facts about national compliment day
- The world compliment day falls on March 1st annually. The day was originated because of a person called Hans Pootveiliet from the Netherlands. It was celebrated in the Netherlands initially, and then it was spread to the world.
- Mr. Poortvliet stressed the fact the compliments should be in words and not in gifts.
- Many countries have their national complement day apart from the celebration of the world compliment day.
- The word complement is derived from the Latin word complere. Complere means to fill up. The day was founded to celebrate as a national or international day to fill up humans’ hearts with positive words.
What should we do on national compliment day?
- It would be an amazing idea to meet people who are really close to us physically and complement them from something you got due to them. We need not spend money on purchasing gifts, but we can make people feel good with positive words.
- It would be great to make cards with positive words and send them to people who live far from us. It will be nice to make a call and talk to friends and family by saying positive words to them.
- Children should learn the art of complementing. Competitions or games can be arranged for the kids in our locality to teach them the importance of completing other people. They should feel the goodness of complimenting others and receiving good compliments from others.
Why should we celebrate national compliment day?
- Complimenting is an essential skill that humans should have. It is always nice to receive completing from people in our workplace, friends, or family members. The day is a reminder to enforce the fact that verbal compliments can do wonders for another person rather than materialistic gifts.
- The day should be celebrated so that the future generation will be under the emotions attached to saying words filled with positivity.
Completing others is a good deed. When we truly compliment, we feel good, and we make the one whom we are complementing feel great.
When is National Compliment Day?