National nurse’s day is observed on May 6 of every year. National nurse’s day is the beginning of national nurses week (which starts on May 6 and ends on May 12). National Nurses’ objective is to recognize and thank the nurses working day and night to make the world healthy. This special day is to acknowledge the important role of the nurse in society. Sometimes some people call the national nurse’s day national recognition day.
History of National Nurses Day
- In 1953, the United States Department of Health employees sent a letter to President Eisenhower regarding the proposal of national nurses day. Still, the official proclamation was not made that year. Then in the following year, people began celebrating national nurses week on their own.
- Then in the year 1974, president Nixon proclaimed the national nurses week.
- In the year of 1981, a resolution was initiated by nurses in New Mexico to celebrate the May 6th as National nurses day / National recognition day for nurses.
- In the year of 1982, the proposal for national nurses day was signed by President Reagan.
- Then later, in 1990, it was expanded to a week-long celebration by ANA boards of directors.
Things to do on National Nurses Day
- Be a nurse for a day.
The best way to fully appreciate the nurses who are working harder is by being a nurse for a day. So approach a known nurse and try to be with them. Serve the patients, care for them. Be with a nurse and be a nurse (there will be some way to be a nurse for a day without the license).
- Throw a party
If you know any nurse, throw them a party for their hard work and appreciate them. Another easy way to appreciate the nurses is, get chocolates, and give them to the nurses whom you are seeing and wish them.
- Trend a hashtag on social media
On your social media account, post about the nurses and their hard work and use the hashtag #nationalnursesday. This will create awareness for the other people, and they can know about the importance of the nurse and how much effort they are putting in to serve and save the world.
Why everyone loves National Nurses Day?
- Selfless love and compassionate
Nurses are professionals who will not care about themselves, and they really care for the patients a lot. They will care for their patients, and they show the care and support for the person to get out of the disease.
Nurses are one of the symbols of hard work. They struggle a lot in their profession, they take risks much, be with the patients, and get affected, but they will not care much about it. They work hard for the health of the people.
- The nurse is a familiar face in the hospital.
Nurses will be familiar faces in the hospital because they care for the people coming there. They care for them, they spend time with patients, and they become familiar to all.
On this extraordinary day, at least appreciate a nurse and convey to them how much they mean to the world and society. Happy National Nurses Day!
When is National Nurses Day?