Puzzles are a source of developing the abilities of our brain. We would have played and enjoyed simple puzzles involving pictures as a kid. Puzzles are of different types. Some puzzles will give as tricks with pictures, while others would have letters, words, or numbers.
Puzzles are challenging. We could spend the free time of the day engaging in solving a challenging puzzle. The puzzle could be an entertaining activity for kids and adults as well. Researchers say that people solving puzzles have better memory and creativity.
There is a day dedicated to celebrating the wonderful activity of solving the puzzle.
History of National Puzzle Day
The national puzzle day falls on January 29th in America’s united states and a few other countries. It is said that the national puzzle day was started in the year 2002. The creator of the day is a person called Jodi Jill.
Historical Facts on National Puzzle Day
- Jodi Jill is a professional quiz maker and puzzle maker. She created puzzles for classroom lessons, and their popularity grew.
- The newspaper puzzle maker is popular among kids. The history of it is traced back to the mid of the 18th century.
- John Spilsbury created the first Jigsaw puzzle in 1760.
- The history of when the puzzle evolved is not known. Historical records say it must have evolves even before humans started using the language for communication.
- A games company created an international puzzle day in the United States of America in the year 1995. The day falls on January 29th.
What should we do on national puzzle day?
Games involving crossword puzzles and word search puzzles are fun. Social media can be used to invite friends for fun events related to solving different types of puzzles.
The activity of solving fun-filled and challenging puzzles should be celebrated on a national puzzle day. If there are kids in the locality, it will be a great idea to organize events and competitions.
It will be a great idea to gift a jigsaw puzzle or Rubik’s cube or any books related to the puzzle for friends and family and encourage them to work on it and get benefited.
Why should we celebrate national puzzle day?
- Solving jigsaw puzzles like word searches have an enormous benefit for mental health. National puzzle day will be an encouragement for people to get introduced to solving a crossword puzzle.
- Solving puzzle books will be an engaging activity at old age. On celebrating the day, awareness programs can be organized to engage the grandparents and great grandparents to activate their brains.
- Various forms of Puzzle books and sudoku had existed since ancient days. The national puzzle day should be celebrated to make the future generation enjoy any puzzle. A puzzle party with word search is the best way to celebrate on January 29.
- It is said that solving puzzles has benefits for nervous disorders. Puzzle day should be celebrated to create awareness among the people suffering from nervous disorders. Encourage more folks to be puzzle fans in your classrooms.
- Working on puzzles is a wonderful exercise for our minds. Let the national puzzle day be celebrated to create awareness of the benefits of working with different types of puzzles.