Milk is a rich source of vitamins. Milk has vitamin B2, B12,calcium,iodine,potassium,phosphorous and healthy fats. Milk form’s an important part of human life. Milk strengthens the bone and gives immunity.
Milk forms an essential part of our life since birth. Nowadays we get milk in packets and is marketed by various companies.
The father of the white revolution is Verghese Kurien. Verghese Kurian is the pride of India. This person is the reason for India being the largest producer of milk in the world. The national milk day is celebrated on November 26th to mark the birth anniversary of Verghese Kurien.
History of national milk day
The world milk day was declared by food and agricultural organization to emphasized the importance of milk as a global food. The world milk day is celebrated on June 1st since 2001. Many countries have their own national day to celebrate and emphasize the importance of milk in the diet. The world milk day is also celebrated in more than 40 countries around the world apart from their own national milk day.
Historical facts on national milk day
- It is said that the united states of America celebrates national milk day on January 11th. The national milk day differs from one country to another.
- In 2014 the Indian dairy association and other diary majors in India decided to observe November 26th as national milk day in India.
What should we do on national milk day?
It would awesome to make some delicious dishes using milk and enjoying it with the family and friends on the national milk day. It would be a good idea could to participate in any cooking contest that is conducted in the locality and try our culinary skills on the national milk day. If none is conducted we can host some competitions in our locality and invite people to participate. We can make it interesting by asking people to use milk and products as a sole ingredient and give awesome prizes.
Fundraising for charity must be done through various events conducted on the national milk day.
Why should we celebrate national milk day?
- The national milk is certainly a tribute to the holy cow. The milk is rich in nutrients. We should celebrate a day to promote awareness of the need for milk in our diet.
- Milk should be available to children belonging to all strata of society. On celebrating a day the awareness about the need for milk in the diet can be spread to all people in the society through the various events that are organized on that day.
- A balanced diet should include at least half a litre to one litre of milk each day. It is always good to have a glass of milk before we sleep in the night. So it is good to get aware about the rich nutrients in the milk and enjoy the taste of it. Let the awareness on the importance of milk be spread around the world on the national milk day.
When is National Milk Day?