The mind craves, and the taste buds melt at the sight of a well-garnished plate of Spaghetti.
The dish is of Italian and Sicilian origin, and it has gained popularity around the world—the spaghetto in Italian means a thin string. The spaghetti looks awesome, and our mood could light upon the sight of the thin stringed spaghetti.
Millions around the world love spaghetti. It is traditionally served with grated hard cheese such as pecorino, Romano, Parmesan, and Grana Padano. Spaghetti is certainly the most loved dish for all the cheese lovers.
History of national spaghetti day
There is a long history of spaghetti’s origin, but none knows when the celebration of national spaghetti day actually originated. But, it has been a tradition to celebrate the national day on January 4th for a long. There were various recipes around the world, which lead to the formation of spaghetti finally. But, Spaghetti has become a staple diet of Italy and reached all over the world as globalization set in.
Historical facts on national spaghetti day
- We all know that spaghetti is a famous Italian dish, but boiled noodles’ first reference goes to Arabs. It is found in Jerusalem Talmud that the Arabs invented it thousands of years ago.
- It could be said that pasta was sold in the 5th century because there is a record of someone purchasing it from a vendor in the Jerusalem Talmud.
- Spaghetti has got associated with Italians because they are the ones who revolutionized the dish and invented a wide variety of pasta in different shapes.
- History says that the first pasta was made in the 12th century in southern Italy. The pasta reached all over Italy and other parts of the world by the end of the 19th century.
- The Dish is popular among Americans. It is said that 1.3 million pounds of Spaghetti were sold in American grocery stores in 2000. If all the packages were lined up, they would have circled the earth 9th times.
What should we do on national spaghetti day?
Spaghetti has evolved in various form around the world and stand the way it is now. It would be an awesome idea to find innovative ways of cooking spaghetti and enjoying it with friends and family.
Spaghetti is more attached to Italy, so it will nice to enjoy the spaghetti with friends and family in an Italian restaurant.
Why should we celebrate national spaghetti day?
- Spaghetti evolved as a result of the creative mind of the culinary experts’ centuries back. The national spaghetti day is a tribute to celebrate the evolution of such an awesome recipe.
- The trend of having spaghetti has reached all over the world, so on celebrating a day, it would be nice to organize an event and raise funds for charity.
It would be an awesome idea to enjoy various flavors of spaghetti on national spaghetti day. It is good to pay tribute to this wonderful recipe by enjoying the day with friends and family. National Spaghetti day.
When is National Spaghetti Day?