The mind craves, and the taste buds melt at the sight of a well-garnished plate of Spaghetti.
The dish is of Italian and Sicilian origin, and it has gained popularity around the world—the spaghetto in Italian means a thin string. The spaghetti looks awesome, and our mood could light upon the sight of the thin stringed spaghetti italienne. Italian pasta with spaghetti noodles sauce tastes heavenly on holiday.
Millions around the world love spaghetti and enjoy day national spaghetti. It is traditionally served with tomato sauce, grated hard cheese such as pecorino, Romano, Parmesan, and Grana Padano. Spaghetti bowl with tomato sauce is certainly the most loved dish for all parmesan cheese lovers.
History of national spaghetti day
There is a long history of spaghetti’s origin, but none knows when the celebration of national spaghetti day actually originated. But, it has been a tradition to celebrate the national day on January 4 for a long. There were various spaghetti dishes worldwide, which finally led to the eating of spaghetti and pasta dishes. But, Spaghetti has become a staple diet of Italy and reached all over the world as globalization set in. People now enjoy pasta shapes made out of durum wheat; adding bay leaves to a bowl of spaghetti adds more flavor.
Historical facts on national spaghetti day
- We all know that spaghetti is a famous Italian dish, but boiled noodles’ first reference goes to Arabs. It is found in Jerusalem Talmud that the Arabs invented it thousands of years ago.
- It could be said that pasta was sold in the 5th century because there is a record of someone purchasing it from a vendor in the Jerusalem Talmud. January 4 is a big day in pasta factories.
- Spaghetti has got associated with Italians because they are the ones who revolutionized the dish and invented a wide variety of pasta in different shapes.
- History says that the first pasta was made in the 12th century in southern Italy. The pasta reached all over Italy and other parts of the world by the end of the 19th century. Since then, this holiday is enjoyed on January 4 across the United States.
- The pasta and spaghetti dishes are popular in the United States. It is said that 1.3 million pounds of Spaghetti were sold in American grocery stores in 2000. If all the packages were lined up, they would have circled the earth 9th times.
What should we do on national spaghetti day?
Spaghetti has evolved in various form around the world and stand the way it is now. It would be awesome to find innovative ways of cooking spaghetti and enjoying it with friends and family.
Spaghetti is more attached to Italy, so it will nice to enjoy the spaghetti with friends and family in an Italian restaurant. Eat pasta it gives you the reason for celebration.
Enjoy pasta al dente with clam sauce, meatballs dipped in meat sauce, alfredo sauce, pasta maker made in olive oil, and share with your loved ones. Roll out yummy pasta with a rolling pin and enjoy with meatballs with your people.
Why should we celebrate national spaghetti day?
- Spaghetti is an Italian word that evolved from the creative mind of the culinary experts centuries back. The national spaghetti day is a tribute to celebrate the evolution of such an awesome recipe.
- The trend of having spaghetti has reached all over the world, so on celebrating a day, it would be nice to organize an event and raise funds for charity.
It would be an awesome idea to enjoy various flavors of spaghetti on national spaghetti day. It is good to pay tribute to this wonderful recipe by enjoying the day with friends and family. National Spaghetti day.
Other Days Celebrated in January