Imagine that you woke up early and got an amazing start to your day. You’ve been very productive at work, getting all your work completed and attending those important calls and meetings. Basically, your adulting day is going great.
You have been doing good throughout all these times, and you have also survived lunch without much trouble. But then it’s late afternoon, and you are unable to make it through the day. So, what do you do? Of course, you would take a nap! Well, the National Napping Day encourages people to remember the benefits of napping and how you should take some time out from the day for yourself.
The National Napping Day 2021 is celebrated on the 15th of March to remember the benefits of napping and celebrate youth and personal time.
History of the National Napping Day
- The history of the National Napping Day is nothing but simply the history of napping. Napping is something that all of us did in the afternoon. The ritual of napping is still a tradition in Spain, which happens right after people take their afternoon meals, which has been the practice for the longest time.
- If you happen to be in the Mediterranean region, it is pretty much what happens wherever you go. In Italy, people call it riposo pisolini, and also the good old Charlamagne has been recorded to have taken about 2 to 3 hours of nap in the middle of the afternoons.
- So, will you just call it laziness? Of course, no! It might seem so because napping time is during the hottest hours of the day that occur in the middle of the afternoon. It definitely makes sense to take a small break from work at this time.
- Napping is also related to the circadian rhythms and the change-over point between the sleep cycle and the wake cycle, which is the perfect time to take a nap.
- There are also so many benefits of taking a nap in the afternoon, which includes evidence proving that there is about a 37% reduction in coronary mortality occurrences amongst the people who tend to nap regularly in the afternoon.
How to celebrate National Napping Day
- The perfect way to celebrate National Napping Day is just effortless! Just take that little nap in the afternoon for yourself and take a rest. Whenever your afternoon is, just take that extra time off and go to sleep!
- When your afternoon meal is perfect, and in the longer run, napping can actually help you feel much better and even more organized for your day ahead.
- It can be a little tricky in case you have a regular work schedule, but whenever it is possible for you, just take that small nap! You would feel so much better once you wake up and would be already up fresh and ready to rock the second half of the day!
- Celebrate the National Napping Day 2021 on the 15th of March and spread awareness amongst the fellow people around you about how one should nap in between the work schedules during the afternoon and the different benefits of napping.
When is National Napping Day?