Last Updated on March 12, 2023
August 10 is not like any other day where you need to battle with yourself to get up from bed and reluctantly go to work. It is a special day dedicated to doing nothing but relaxing and not feeling guilty about it. It is “National Lazy Day,” honoring the people who want to goof around and chill.
History of National Lazy Day
This day’s origin is still unknown; the only thing we know about it is that it falls on August 10, and people do nothing during this day. An additional piece of information is that the World Day of Laziness was launched on August 11, 1984, in Columbia to symbolize the end of the festival of industry and trade. This indicates that the world needs a break from the routine. Hence, the origin of National Lazy Day might also be something like this.
How to observe National Lazy Day?
Here are some amazing ways to make the most of national lazy days. A big should out to all the lazy folks out there.
- The perfect way to celebrate a Lazy day is to be lazy, goof around, slack, and procrastinate.
- It is okay to sleep for a long time and wake up late on this day, so switch off your alarm and let your body wake up naturally.
- You can relax in your bed or sofa any time you want.
- You can stay in your pajamas all day to feel relaxed and comfortable.
- You can spend your day sitting in front of your television or laptop to binge-watch the series, movies, or shows you have longed to watch.
- Another way to relax is to grab a pair of headphones and listen to your favorite songs. It can be a slow one or an upbeat rhythm that can put you in a good mood.
- It is important that you stay away from social media and turn off electronic devices.
- To munch something while watching shows on a couch or while listening to music, you can treat yourself by ordering your favorite food and simply having it delivered to your door.
- Everyone deserves ‘Me time,’ and you can get it by going to a spa.
Generally, you can refuse to do any work; there is always time to do it the next day.
Why is celebrating National Lazy Day important?
National Lazy Day reminds us that we need a break from our routine and spend a day just for ourselves. People feel stressed and overworked, so it is essential to take the day off and recharge. When people don’t relax, it leads to stress, depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, etc. But when people relax from time to time, it can make a person healthy. It will also help in enhancing one’s efficiency in all tasks. Sometimes, relaxing and letting our minds wander will help in focusing on our goals. Being lazy is not bad; it can actually make us productive. Hence we all deserve a day like that.