We live a life where the internet has become a part of our life. We are glued to our devices 24/7. We need devices to work in the present era. It is a certain fact that there isn’t any job on this earth which doesn’t need the use of the internet or gadgets. Even an artist or a writer needs to use social media to get a wide reach in the present era. The present-day classrooms are digital. Even a 3-year-old is addicted to screen. As our life gets more stressed out, we need a day to unplug. The national unplugging day is celebrated to spend quality time by staying away from gadgets.
History of National Unplugging Day
The first Friday of March is celebrated as the national unplugging day every year in the United States and few other countries. The members of the Reboot network created the day. The day is observed for a 24 hour period.
Few Facts on the National Unplugging Day
- The co-creator of the national day of unplugging, Dan Rollman, who is a tech entrepreneur, said,” Unplugging from your phone and computer for 24 hours is not easy.
- The national day of unplugging was launched in the year 2010.
- The reboot network created the national day of unplugging to emphasize the mindful use of digital devices in our daily life. Unplugging shouldn’t be a one-day affair, but we should take occasional breaks from gadgets and emphasize celebrating the national unplugging day.
- The Reboot offers a tool kit of tips to facilitate tech-free time on the website www.nationalDayofUnplugging.Com.
- The families and friends are invited to participate in the I/WE UNPLUG TO ——-“ campaign to share what they would do when not using technology.
What Should We do on National Unplugging Day?
- The obvious thing that we must do on national unplugging day is to unplug all our devices and relax in the best possible way.
- The best thing to do is to use social media the previous day to spread awareness about the national unplugging day.
- On the national unplugging day, we must challenge ourselves to put the gadget down for 24 hours unless we have to attend an unavoidable emergency.
Why do We Need a National Unplugging Day?
There were times when gadgets and the internet never existed, but the present generation couldn’t even imagine a life without gadgets or the internet. These days ordering food from the mobile and rejoicing it in the bedroom is thought of as fun. The national unplugging day must be celebrated to understand the fact the fun means of enjoying dinner in a restaurant with family or friends.
The national unplugging day should be celebrated to burn out the constant stress due to gadgets’ usage.
In the present era, it could be hard to unplug for 24 hours, but we must do it to rejoice in the beauty of the day without using gadgets as far as possible.
When is National Unplugging Day?
Other Days Celebrated in March