Dogs are amazing. Dogs are good friends for human. Dogs are therapeutic for the minds in distress. It will be really nice to calm the mind while playing with dogs. Dog lovers know the worth of these amazing creatures.
Golden retrievers are really special. There is a national day dedicated to golden retrievers. There is national dog day when all breeds are celebrated but this day is exclusive for golden retrievers.
Golden retrievers are friendly, intelligent and brave. They are also one of the smartest breeds of dog and are the third most popular breed in the United States of America. The national day for golden retrievers is celebrated on February 3rd every year.
History of national golden retriever day
The golden retrievers are unique. They aren’t much fierce but they are smart. The person called Kriesten realized the uniqueness about golden retrievers and wanted to celebrate a day for it to spread awareness. She owned a golden retriever and she created the day on its first birthday in the year 2012. The national golden retriever day is being celebrated on February 3rd since 2012.
Historical facts on national golden retriever day.
- The historical records say Scotland is the first country to breed golden retrievers in the 1800s.
- The golden retriever club of America was founded in the year 1938. The club was found to promote the natural retrieving and hunting abilities of the golden retriever. The club does a lot of activities on a national day.
- National golden retriever day is popular in United States, Canada and a few other countries.
- Many golden retriever clubs and owners of golden retriever day celebrate the day to promote awareness about the golden retrievers. Social media is used to get a wider reach.
What should we do on national golden retriever day?
The hero of the day is the golden retriever. If you own a golden retriever dress it in an adorable way and take for a walk to a nearby park. Dogs love to meet other dogs. There will be events for golden retrievers on the national golden retriever day. It will be nice to take your pet to those events.
If you don’t own a golden retriever, you can make this day a useful own by attending the events or you can send lovely cards and gifts to friends who own golden retriever.
Why should we celebrate national golden retriever day?
- The golden retriever has a lot of benefits for human. It is therapeutic apart from being a hunting dog. The day should be celebrated so that the benefits of golden retriever reach many people.
- The golden retrievers could be a lot of help to society apart from being a pet dog at the home. The day should be celebrated so that it gets its respect for its retrieving and hunting capabilities.
The majestic golden retriever deserves the best and it should be celebrated with respect and care. Let your pet be pampered a lot on the national day dedicated to it.
When is National Golden Retriever Day?