Last Updated on May 26, 2023
Embrace Your Geekness Day is a national day celebrated every year on July 13th. This day is dedicated to embracing and celebrating one’s inner geekiness and appreciating others. It is a day that has gained popularity among people who are passionate about technology, science fiction, video games, and other geeky pursuits. Here’s everything you need to know about Embrace Your Geekness Day and how to celebrate it and make it memorable.
History of Embrace Your Geekness Day
Embrace Your Geekness Day was first celebrated in 2006. It was created by Tim McEachern, who was inspired by his love of geek culture. He wanted to create a day encouraging people to celebrate their unique interests and passions, no matter how geeky they might be. This day appreciates all the folks who love to explore technology, video games, science fiction, and other technology-related stuff.
Why Celebrate Embrace Your Geekness Day?
This day encourages people to embrace their unique interests and passions and celebrate the diversity of geek culture. On this day, people are reminded that it’s okay to be different, and there is a community of people out there who share interests and passions just like you do. Celebrating Embrace Your Geekness Day is a way to connect with like-minded people and feel proud of who you are. So make the most of this day with your clan.
How to Celebrate Embrace Your Geekness Day?
There are many ways to celebrate Embrace Your Geekness Day. Here are a few ideas:
- Dress up in cosplay: Cosplay is a popular way to express your love for geek culture. Dress up as your favorite superhero, video game, or anime character. This is one of the unique ways to celebrate this day.
- Play video games: Video games are popular entertainment for many geeky people. So spend the day playing your favorite video games, or try out a new game you’ve been curious about.
- Read comic books: Comic books are a classic form of geek culture. Spend the day reading your favorite comics, or check out a new series that you’ve been interested in. Share the books which you have with like minded geek friends.
- Watch sci-fi movies: Science fiction movies are popular in geek culture. So spend the day watching your favorite science fiction movies, or check out a new movie with your geek folks.
- Attend a geek convention: Geek conventions are great ways to connect with like-minded people and celebrate geek culture. Attend a convention in your area, or plan a trip to a convention in another city on Embrace Your Geekness Day.
Fun Facts About Embrace Your Geekness Day
Here are a few fun facts about Embrace Your Geekness Day:
- The word “geek” originally referred to circus performers who bit the heads off of live chickens.
- The first computer game was created in 1962. It was a game called Spacewar!, and a group of computer scientists at MIT created it.
- The Star Wars franchise has grossed over $10 billion worldwide, making it one of the most successful movie franchises ever.
- The first comic book was published in 1933. It was called Famous Funnies, and it featured reprints of popular comic strips.
- The first episode of the television show Doctor Who aired in 1963. The show has since become a cultural phenomenon and is still popular today.
Embrace Your Geekness Day is a day to celebrate all things nerdy and fun. It’s a way to connect with like minded people who share your interests and feel proud of being a geek. So have fun, be passionate, and don’t be afraid to be yourself – Embrace Your Geekness Day is about celebrating what makes you unique and cherishing it.