Lipstick is a symbol of beauty. Teen girls and women love to adorn their lips with the color and lipstick brand of their choice. Some women say that adorning their lips in their favorite bright red gives them confidence. Lipstick has got the power to lift the mood. The women on the corporate top ladder are always projected with a simple makeover and dark red lips. Lipsticks are adorned according to the situation one has to be in. The wonderful beauty product has got a national day for it.
History of National Lipstick Day
The usage of lipsticks began before several centuries. National lipstick day is celebrated on July 29th. The official declaration of the day doesn’t have a long history. In 2016 Hudda Kattan, a beauty blogger, entrepreneur, and international businesswoman founded the national lipstick day by a proclamation from the national day calendar’s register. The day is popular in most countries around the world.
History of Lipsticks
- The ancient Sumerians were the first people to adorn their lips with lipsticks.
- The first lipsticks were created by crushing gems in Mesopotamia. It dates back to 2500BCE-100BCE.
- The historical archives say that the ancient Chinese used beeswax to color their lips.
- It is also known that Greece used berry-derived dyes on their lips.
- The first commercial lipstick was started in Frace in the 19th century by a company called Guerlain. They were made of deer tallow, castor oil ad beeswax. It was in the year 1884.
- The first long-lasting and no -0smar lipstick was invented during world war 2.
- The practice of using a brush to apply the lipstick started in the United States of America.
- In the year 1930, lip gloss was invented by Max Factor.
- Classy colors like navy blue and frosted lime green were introduced in the 1970s.
What should we do on National Lipstick Day?
The lipsticks add glory to the make-over. National lipstick day can be celebrated by going with the trend. The ones who love to flaunt bright red lips can do the best makeover they can do and post the pictures on social media sites.
The lipsticks are of various colors and shades. The one who loves to try different colors and shades can collect them on the national lipstick day. The day can be celebrated by gifting loved ones a pack of their favorite lipstick.
Why should we celebrate National Lipstick Day?
Lipsticks have a long history. Beauty adds confidence. Lipsticks lift up the mood and create joy and confidence. The day should be celebrated to feel the joy of adorning the lips with the favorite color and the shade of the lipsticks. The day should be celebrated to remember the founder of the day and the amazing history of lipsticks.
The colors and the shades of lipsticks were limited in the 20th century. The shade preferred speaks a lot about a girl or women adorning it. The shades and colors have evolved over the decades. There is a new trend coming up each year.
When is National Lipstick Day?