Lipstick is a symbol of beauty. Teen girls and women love to adorn their lips with the colour and the brand of lipstick of their choice. Some women say that adorning their lips in their favourite bright red gives them confidence. Lipstick has got the power to lift up the mood. The women on the top ladder of the corporate are always projected with a simple makeover and dark red lips. Lipsticks are adorned according to the situation one has to be in. The wonderful beauty product has got a national day for it.
History of National Lipstick Day
The usage of lipsticks began before several centuries. The national lipstick day is celebrated on July 29th. The official declaration of the day doesn’t have a long history. In 2016 Hudda Kattan a beauty blogger, entrepreneur and an international businesswoman founded the national lipstick day by a proclamation from the national day calendar’s register. The day popular is most countries around the world.
History of Lipsticks
- The ancient Sumerians were the first people to adorn their lips with lipsticks.
- The first lipsticks were created by crushing gems in Mesopotamia. It dates back to 2500BCE-100BCE.
- The historical archives say that the ancient Chinese used beeswax to color their lips
- It is also known that the Greece used berry-derived dyes on their lips.
- The first commercial lipstick was started in Frace in the 19th century by a company called Guerlain. They were made of deer tallow, castor oil ad beeswax. It was in the year 1884.
- The first long-lasting, and no -0smar lipstick was invented during the world war 2.
- The practice of using a brush to apply the lipstick started in the United States of America.
- In the year 1930, lip gloss was invented by Max Factor
- The classy colours like navy blue and the frosted lime green were introduced in 1970s.
What should we do on the National Lipstick Day?
The lipsticks add glory to the make-over. The national lipstick day can be celebrated by going with the trend. The ones who loves to flaunt in bright red lips can do the best makeover they can do, and post the pictures on the social media sites.
The lipsticks are of various colous and shades. The one who love to try of different colours and shades can collect them on the national lipstick day. The day can be celebrated by gifting the loved ones a pack of their favourite lipstick.
Why should we celebrate National Lipstick Day?
Lipsticks have a long history. Beauty adds confidence. Lipsticks lift up the mood and create joy and confidence. The day should be celebrated to feel the joy of adorning the lips with the favourite colour and the shade of the lipsticks. The day should be celebrated to remember the founder of the day and the amazing history of lipsticks.
The colours and the shades of lipsticks were limited in the 20th century. The shade preferred speaks a lot about a girl or women adorning it. The shades and colours have evolved over the decades. There is a new trend coming up each year.
When is National Lipstick Day?