June 21st is observed as the national selfie day, this day id the perfect time to find out the perfect angle, new filter, and to fresh up the social media. Wear the perfect outfit that you have, adjust your hair, find your lights, and strike a post. We should thank the smartphone and social media for this awesome day. Nowadays selfie has become a part of our life, it is the perfect way to capture our beauty. In the olden days, to take photos, only the camera was there to take a photo, then the camera phone was invented and we need another person to take a photo on the camera phone, but now the selfie camera made that work as easy. Just open the camera, find the perfect place, and take a snap.
History of the National Selfie Day
- 1839 – World’s first selfie was taken by Robert Cornelius by using the daguerreotype method
- The 1970s to 1980s – The PLATO system introduced a technology that became the basis of social media platforms and the first digital camera was invented in the year of 1979.
- The 1990s to 2000s – The first global social media pages like Facebook, MySpace, and Debut became popular.
- 2002 – Mobile phones were released with the front-facing cameras and this is one of the reasons for the selfie’s popularity.
- 2014 – Selfie song and video was released by the ChainSmokers (An American electronic DJ).
Selfie day was created to encourage the selfie because it has become our part of life and also it is very helpful in every field from entertainment and art to marketing and business. There is no authentic date in the history of national selfie day.
Activities to do on National Selfie Day
- Take selfies
Taking a selfie is fun (whether for personal use or for your social media) and it is a great way to experiment with self-expression. So be in perfect lighting place, lift your chain a little, try a new filter, and take a selfie.
- Go for a photoshoot
You can also go for a photo shoot with your friends or family or even solo. Search for some DIY backdrop ideas, wear your favorite outfit, play some music, and strike a pose.
- Discover new places
Get out of your routine and go out to find some places that will be amazing for selfies. A lot of places (including hotels, restaurants, libraries, and other public places) have updated their interior that will be perfect for selfies. Get out there, have some good memories, and click a selfie.
Why everyone loves National Selfie Day?
- Boost your self-confidence
A study conducted at the University of California, Irvine has found that taking selfies actually promotes and boosts your self-confidence. Even for someone taking selfies will keep in a comfortable mindset.
The filters, ring light, selfie camera, and selfie stick are helpful to level-up your selfie. And the selfie is not just a photo it is the identity of yourself.
- Selfie is a skill
Taking a perfect selfie is not a simple and common thing, it is a kind of art. Not everyone can take a perfect selfie, some special talent, and skill.
When is National Selfie Day?