The hot and spicy dishes with the flavour of chili makes the winter wonderful. There isn’t a cuisine without the flavour of chilly. Mexican is known for hot and spicy dishes. Several other cuisines like Indian and Spanish also give a lot of importance to chili.
The celebration of chili may be originated from Spain. The chili is the short form of “chili corn carne” which means chili with meat in Spanish. The chili with meat is comfort food of winter.
Chili blends well with spicy vegetarian and it makes the non-vegetarian dishes taste great. The chili is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of February.
History of national chili day
There isn’t any research on who created the national chili day and since when the day is celebrated. It has been a trend for long. It is celebrated in the United States of America and a few other countries around the world.
Historical facts on chili
- The modern chili is a part of Mexican cuisine but Mexico is not the only country that includes the hot and spicy dishes.
- In 1893 the San Antonio Chili stand made the people in the United States unite and appreciate the taste of chili.
- In 1977 the House concurrent Resolution Number 18 of the 65th Texas Legislature designated the chili con carne as the official dish of Texas.
- The American frontier settlers used chili in the recipe of dried beef. The style of cooking was traditional and it required much patience and time to make the beef taste awesome.
- There is a myth which is believed regarding the origin of chili. It is said that a Spanish nun named Sister Mary of Agreda appeared supernaturally with a recipe of chili.
What should we do on national chili day?
The national chili day should be a celebration with friends and family. It would be awesome to make a wonderful recipe with chili and enjoy the beat with family and friends. If we love to enjoy the day in restaurant we must make great plans with our loved one to have a hot and spicy dinner.
If we live in a locality where there are many people it will be a great idea to organize a cooking contest and enjoy.
Why should we celebrate national chili day?
Chili has an amazing tradition. The chili has blended with various cuisines around the world. The flavour of chili deserves a celebration because it gives energy to the mind.
The traditional dishes should last for several generations. The national chili day must be celebrated to make the traditional dishes in the best possible way. The adults should take the best efforts to teach traditional recipes to children.
The chili gets the flavour of the cuisine it belongs to. None of two dishes made of chili would taste same. Chili binds well with any dish and makes it hot and spicy. The national chili day is the best day to appreciate and enjoy chili from various cuisines around the world.
When is National Chilli Day?