Last Updated on March 12, 2023
May 10 is observed as a National Clean Up Your Room Day. Actually, this day is a more fun and productive one. This is one of the days that the parents love very much. This day is not just about kids cleaning their room; it is about picking up, straightening up, and cleaning up. This is the day to make your room more pleasant. This day is about sharing; on this day, you should clean up your room and throw or share the things with the homeless people you are not using anymore.
History of National Clean Up Your Room Day
- In 2800 BC, soap became common, and Babylonians first used soap to clean pots and pans.
- In 0 AD, various religious customs have become important, like the people should clean their house before their holy day.
- In 1800 spring cleaning originated in America; in the spring season, people cleaned their place.
- In 1870 the feather duster was invented. A farmer in Iowa took the turkey feathers and made a brush out of it, known as a feather duster.
- In May 2010, an unknown person wrote a blog about cleaning up your room day on May 10.
Things to do on National Clean Up Your Room Day
- Have fun cleaning your room.
On this day, clean your room and check whether your parents have cleaned it, because sometimes some kids may have messy parents, so they will not clean their room. So it is fun to clean your room and complain about your parents’ uncleaned rooms. And you can also help your parents to decide what things they should throw or donate.
If you think cleaning is boring, then make a plan for how you can redecorate your room. You can rearrange the furniture, add some amazing posters, plants, etc. By this, your room will be cleaned, and it will be decorated in a new way.
- Celebrate the cleanliness
clean your room perfectly, and when you finish the cleaning, go out with your family and celebrate the cleanliness. It would be best if you gave a treat to yourself for the amazing job that you have done.
- Teach your kids to be organized.
Today, teach your kids about the importance of cleanliness and make them donate their toys that they are not using to the orphanage kids.
Why Everyone Loves National Clean Up Your Room Day?
- It makes you relaxed and refreshed.
A clean room will always make you more relaxed and refreshed. It induces your creativity, boosts your mental health, and helps you to keep positive habits.
- Your cleaned room shows how good you are
The cleaned room will always show how good you are, and also you will get a chance to do a charity, dig up your toys, clothes, and other stuff, and you can donate it to the people who can use those.
So on this National Clean Up Your Room Day, clean your room, donate the unused things, go out to celebrate the cleanliness, and take a snap of your cleaned room and upload it on social media with the hashtag #cleanupyourroomday.
When is National Clean Up Your Room Day?