May 10 is observed as a national clean up day. Actually this day is more fun and productive one. This one of the days that the parents love very much. This day is not just about kids cleaning their room, this day is about picking up, straightening up, and cleaning up. This is the day to make your room more pleasant. And also this day is about sharing, on this day you should clean up your room and throw or share the things to the homeless people which you are not using anymore.
History of National Clean Up Your Room Day
- At 2800 BC soap became common and soap was first used by Babylonians to clean the pots and pans.
- At 0 AD various religious customs have become important like the people should clean their house before their religious day.
- At 1800 the spring cleaning has origin in America, in the spring season, people will clean their place.
- In 1870 the feather duster was invented. A farmer in Iowa took the turkey feathers and made a brush out of it, and that is known as a feather duster.
- In May 2010, an unknown person has written a blog about clean up your room day about May 10.
Things to do on National Clean Up Your Room Day
- Have fun by cleaning your room
On this day, clean your room and check whether your parents have cleaned their room or not, because sometimes some kids may have messy parents so they will not clean their room. So it is fun when you cleaned your room and you are complaining about the uncleaned rooms of your parents. And you can also help your parents to decide what are the things they should throw or donate.
If you think cleaning is boring then make a plan that how can you redecorate your room. You can rearrange the furniture, add some amazing posters, plants, etc. By this, your room will be cleaned and it will be decorated in a new way.
- Celebrate the cleanliness
So, on this national clean up your day, clean your room in a perfect way and when you are finished with cleaning go out with your family and celebrate the cleanliness. You should give a treat to yourself for the amazing job that you have done.
- Teach your kids to be organized
On this day teach your kids about the importance of cleanliness and make them donate the their toys that they are not using to the orphanage kids.
Why Everyone Loves National Clean Up Your Room Day?
- It makes you relaxed and refreshed
The cleaned room will always make you more relaxed and refreshed. It induces your creativity, boosts your mental health, and helps to keep the positive habits.
- Your cleaned room shows how good you are
The cleaned room will always show how good you are, and also you will get a chance by doing a charity, dig up your toys, clothes, and other stuff and you can donate it to the people who can use those.
So on this National Clean Up Your Room Day, clean your room, donate the unused things, go out celebrate the cleanliness, and take a snap of your cleaned room and upload it in social media with the hashtag of #cleanupyourroomday.
When is National Clean Up Your Room Day?