I am sure there couldn’t be anyone on this planet who doesn’t like peanut butter and jelly. These two super delicious flavors can be consumed at any time of the day without any guilt. National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day is celebrated on the 2nd of April across the globe. All the desert lovers would want more than one serving when it comes to peanut butter and jelly.
History of National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
- It is said that peanut butter was considered to be a super delicacy in New York city’s tea room during the early 1900s.
- in 1901, peanut butter and jelly topping on bread was introduced by Julia Davis Chandler
- The Good Housekeeping magazine urged all the homemakers to make use of meat grinders to prepare butter at home. The outcome was spread generously on bread. This article was published in the May 1896 edition.
- During June 1896, Table Talk – a renowned culinary magazine published a detailed peanut butter sandwich recipe.
- In the United States of America, peanut butter is popularly paired with jelly on regular bread.
- It is said there was a sudden drop in the price of peanut butter during the late 1920s. This is because the peanut butter sandwich was highly popular amount of kids.
- In fact, during the second world war, peanut butter and jelly were considered as part of the United States ration of military soldiers.
- In 1968, Goober was introduced by J. M. Smuker Co, it was a beautiful jar product which contains vertical stripes which were made using peanut butter and jelly.
- The Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are highly loved by pre schoolers and high school students. It is considered as the favorite food among most Americans.
- There was a competitor across the globe to make the biggest peanut butter jelly sandwiches, 40 ft long peanut butter and jelly sandwich was made at Pennsylvania in the year 1993. The overall weight comprises of 150 lbs of peanut butter and 50 lbs of jelly.
How To Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
- The best way to celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day is to pack a lunch for your little one, partner or friend and spread the message “Happy National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day”.
- You can also throw a small party for all the peanut butter and jelly lover friends and family.
- The best way to celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day is to prepare your jelly and apply it generously on the homemade bread.
- Invite friends and family over a small brunch or tea party and serve Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.
- Make use of the hashtag #PeanutButterAndJellyDay and post about the celebration on social media sites.
Why We Should We Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
Peanut Butter and Jelly is a classic combination, a lot of childhood memory can be associated with this super dish, the best possible way is to celebrate and cherish good food.
When is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day?