Every year August 28 is observed as the national red wine day. It is always a good time to have red wine, and especially it is much more perfect on August 28. On this day just throw out al your rules and schedules (like how much to drink, when to drink, etc) and just grab your coolest glass and enjoy the great taste of red wine. Some of the red wines do not have to rest at a temperature of between 65 to 70 degrees before you enjoy it in your glass. Some wine experts say that it is ok to keep red wine in the refrigerator and having it as cold, and you can do this especially during the hot weather. On this national red wine day, drink according to your preference, drink responsibly, and have fun.
History of the National Red Wine Day
- 4100 BC- The first winery was established in Armenia.
- 800 BC- Greek wines started rooting, they used wine for trading, religion, and health. And when they conquer new places, they have planted grape vines (like in Italy, Spain, etc)
- The 1300s to 1500s- During this time, Europe did not have a steady supply of clean drinking water so that everyone (including children) drunk wine, instead of water.
- 1500 to 1600- During this time period, the Spanish brought wine to America as a new alcoholic beverage.
- The 1800s to 2000s- New varieties of wine emerged and many countries started to produce wines to compete with others.
There is no authentic date in the history of national red wine day, but this day might be created by the red wine lovers, and the objective of this day is to celebrate the taste of red wine.
Activities to do on the National Red Wine Day
- Eat, drink, and be happy
On this day, many restaurants will offer a special deal, so instead of just having a meal or something, just find those restaurants with offers, and have wine, and food. You can taste a lot of variety of foods as well as you can get into the taste of red wine.
- Try to make sangria
Sangria is a cold drink that originated in Spain, and it is good to have. Invite your friends and family members, and make sangria, there are lot of varieties in sangria to make. So everyone try to make sangria by your own recipe and at the final, you can taste everything and compare.
Why Everyone Loves the National Red Wine Day?
- Red wine is healthy
Do you know that the five ounces of wine is just 100 calories? So it is fat-free and cholesterol-free and it makes you be healthy. The red wine keeps your brain sharp, gives you glowing skin, and reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s. So let’s start to drink red wine for your health.
Sangria is one of the best and perfect ways for refreshments during summer and it helps you to enhance your taste bud’s horizon. Sangria has an endless recipe to try and sangria based on red wine will be amazing.
When is National Red Wine Day?