Last Updated on May 25, 2023
National Say Something Nice Day is celebrated annually on June 1st. The day encourages people to say something nice to someone and make the world a better place by spreading positivity and kindness. The goal of this day is to make the world a beautiful place by brightening someone’s day with a kind word or compliment. In today’s fast-paced world, people often fail to appreciate and say nice words to others; hence celebrating this day is very important.
History of National Say Something Nice Day
National Say Something Nice Day was created by Mayor Keith Summey, in Charleston, South Carolina, in 2006. The idea behind the day is to encourage people to focus on the good and spread kindness in their community. This day is all about spreading the love with good words.
Why Celebrate National Say Something Nice Day?
This day is to celebrate the power of complimenting others. It can make someone’s day and bring a smile to their face. A kind word or compliment can make someone feel appreciated, valued, and loved. This day emphasizes that being kind and positive can be a way to spread happiness and peace in the world. Focusing on being nice to others can be a refreshing change of pace and help make our world a more friendly and happy place.
When you say something nice to someone, it also makes you feel happy and full of positivity. By brightening someone’s day with a kind word or compliment, you can help them feel happiness and joy.
Related: National Selfie Day
How to Celebrate National Say Something Nice Day?
Here are some ways you can celebrate National Say Something Nice Day:
Say it out: You can say it out loud your appreciation and use lines like
- You are special to us, and we appreciate all you do for us. Thank you!
- I really like the way you’re working today. Your outfit looks great too!
- Thank you so much for all you do. You are an amazing person, and I appreciate everything you do
- Dear friend, know that you are not alone and everything will improve soon.
Related: World social media day
Kind Gesture: You can pay for the person’s coffee or meal in line behind you and leave a kind note with your name.
Appreciate & recommend: While visiting a restaurant, you can recommend them with words like “ I had a great time at the restaurant or business I visited. I recommend it to my friends. “
Free Hugs: When someone is feeling sad or lonely, give them a hug or a smile to brighten their day.
Fun Facts About Kindness
Here are some fun facts about kindness:
- Acts of kindness can release the hormone oxytocin, which can lower stress levels and increase feelings of happiness and contentment.
- Kindness can be contagious; when we see someone else doing a kind act, we are more likely to do one ourselves.
- Studies have shown that people who volunteer and do acts of kindness are happier and have better mental health.
- Little acts of kindness can have a big impact. Something as simple as holding the door open for someone or offering a kind word can brighten someone’s day.
- Kindness is not just good for the person receiving it, but also for the person giving it. It can improve our relationships, increase our self-esteem, and create a sense of community and belonging.
In conclusion, National Say Something Nice Day is a great reminder to be kind and positive in our communities and in the world. We can make everyone’s day a lot better by saying something nice to someone. Whether it’s a compliment, a note of appreciation, or a small act of kindness, celebrating National Say Something Nice Day can make a big difference in the world around us by spreading positive words.