Youth is the backbone of any nation. They are the pillars of strengths that contribute to national growth. In India, National Youth Day is celebrated with great enthusiasm on 12the January. The primary focus of celebrating national youth day is to motivate the young folks of the country and help them make better life decisions.
On National Youth day 2021, youth take a pledge to be focused and stay ambitious in fulfilling their goals and being responsible citizens. The National Youth Day 2021 is celebrated on Swami Vivekananda’s birthday. He was a great source of inspiration to the people, and it is a noble way to pay him respect. Swami Vivekanand was a visionary and maker of modern India. This day is marked as the birthday of Swami Vivekananda every year. The Indian youth day is considered as a huge celebration, and the national youth parliament festival in India is encouraged every year. The government of India declared National Youth Day 2021 on the birth anniversary of Swami Ji in India.
History of National Youth Day
The national youth day was declared in the year 1985 by the Indian government. The day is observed with great zeal and enthusiasm. As you know, Swami Vivekananda was born on January 12, and since then, January 12 was declared as a national youth day. January 12 is celebrated to inspire India’s youth and encourage them to follow the philosophy and ideology of Swami Vivekananda. The final aim is to have a country full of the responsible youngster.
- Swami Vivekananda was both on 12th January in the year 1963.
- Each year on his birthday, Ramakrishna Math, Ramakrishna Mission, Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa, and other centers encourage kids to participate in Mangala aarti, meditation, speeches, devotional songs, essay writing, etc.
- Each year national youngster day is observed all across the country on January 12.
- Students from school and colleges participate in various activities like speeches, similar presentations to represent the ideology of Swami Vivekananda on national youth day every year.
- Every year Mission Bhartiyam in Uttar Pradesh organizes a two-day event with a lot of activities.
- “Sabse Pehle Bharat” was the theme for National Youth Day in the year 2011
Swami Vivekananda, as an individual, believed in the power of youth. He wanted them to lead and nourish the country and focus on the country’s development.
Why Is National Youth Day Celebrated?
The primary focus of National Youth Day is to teach the students the philosophies and ideology of Swami Vivekananda. His mission was to encourage the youth to follow tradition and promote our culture across the globe. He wanted the youths to lead the country and be responsible.
How To Celebrate National Youth Day
The significance of National Youth Day should never be ignored. On January 12 event starts in the early morning by offering a special pooja to Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda. After the pooja, prayer is performed by the devotees and students.
Followed by which the devotees offer followers, i.e., pushpanjali and aarti, to Swami Vivekananda’s statue. The day is celebrated by encouraging the students and devotees to participate in speeches, religious prayers, meditations, etc. In the end, Prasad is distributed to the devotees, and the January 12 is focused on youth conventions.
What To Do On National Youth Day?
- Many schools, colleges, and educational institutes show the significance of this day by organizing various competitions to motivate future generations.
- Discuss the life history and ideology of Swami Vivekanda at the workplace.
- Follow and propagate the philosophy and the ideals of Swami Vivekananda to people across the country.
- Inspire the youngster to work towards the betterment of the country.