Youth is the backbone of any nation. They are the pillars of strengths who contribute to national growth. In India, National Youth day is celebrated with great enthusiasm on 12the January. The primary focus of celebrating national youth day is to motivate the young folks of the country and help them to make better decisions in life.
On National Youth day, youth take pledge to be focused and stay ambitious in fulfilling their goals and to be a responsible citizen. The day is celebrated on Swami Vivekananda’s birthday, it is a noble way to pay him respect. Swami Vivekananda was a visionary and maker of modern India.
History of National Youth Day
The national youth day was declared in the year 1985 by the Indian government. The day is celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm. As you know Swami Vivekanda’s birthday was declared as a national youth day. This day is celebrated to inspire the youth of India and encourage them to follow the philosophy and ideology of Swami Vivekananda. The final aim is to have a country full of responsible youth.
- Swami Vivekananda was both on 12th January in the year 1963 .
- Each year on his birthday Ramakrishna Math, Ramakrishna Mission, and other centres encourage kids to participate in Mangala aarti, meditation, speeches, devotional songs, etc.
- Each year national youth day is observed all across the country.
- Students from school and colleges participate in various activities like speeches, similar, presentation to represent the ideology of Swami Vivekananda
- Every year Mission Bhartiyam in Uttar Pradesh organizes a two-day event with a lot of activities.
- “Sabse Pehle Bharat” was the theme for National Youth Day in the year 2011
Swami Vivekananda as an individual believed in the power of youth. He wanted them to lead and nourish the country and focus on the country’s development.
Why National Youth Day Is Celebrated?
The primary focus of National Youth Day is to teach the students the philosophies and ideology of Swami Vivekananda. His mission was to encourage the youth to follow tradition and promote our culture across the globe. He wanted the youths to lead the country and be responsible.
How To Celebrate National Youth Day
The event of National Youth Day starts early morning by offering a special pooja to Mother Sri Sarada Devi, and Swami Vivekananda. After the pooja a prayer is performed by the devotees and students.
Followed by which the devotees offer followers i.e. pushpanjai and aarti to Swami Vivekananda’s statue. The day is celebrated by encouraging the students and devotees to participate in speeches, religious prayers, meditations, etc. In the end, Prasad is distributed to the devotees.
What To Do On National Youth Day?
- Many schools, colleges, and educational institutes organize various competitions to motivate future generation.
- Discuss the life history and ideology of Swami Vivekanda at the workplace.
- Follow and propagate the philosophy and the ideals of Swami Vivekananda.
- Inspire the youth to work towards the betterment of the country.
When is National Youth Day?